The Coffee House

Thanks everybody, I've been worn out. Doing a workshop online on quilt surface embellishment this weekend, should be interesting and it probably helps to be busy.

And not that there's a good time to say this, and I don't think I did yet, but my mom passed away recently. Rather sudden, even though she was getting up there in years and had moved from independent to assisted living. Mostly she was getting more unsteady and had started therapy for that and her hip/back hurting, etc.

I suppose it's better than a health situation that drags on. She got sick to her stomach and there was a little blood so the Dr. there ordered lab work. Later they called that she went to the hospital and was admitted for observation. They expected she'd be released the next day and I got a call early morning. Our family Dr. said it was probably a blockage due to plaque in the arteries, which is consistent with other symptoms before.

She'd said to me recently 'I'm 89!!' I was like, yeah, I know! like what are ya telling me for?! lol So we'd had a good laugh about that.
Sorry for your loss.. :(:(

Last edited:
@vintagesnaps so sorry for your loss. Both my parents and grandparents have been gone many years now, and while the sense of loss remains, the memories of their lives remains strong, so it will with you.

Hi all just something to brighten your day
1B54DD97-D4F1-49F9-BE26-9966975352EC.jpeg
8CF8E071-C037-406D-86C5-ADF2C54C36ED.jpeg
CB080C0F-8B41-463F-B5E4-774BB26B2B01.jpeg

And not that there's a good time to say this, and I don't think I did yet, but my mom passed away recently. Rather sudden, even though she was getting up there in years and had moved from independent to assisted living. Mostly she was getting more unsteady and had started therapy for that and her hip/back hurting, etc.

I suppose it's better than a health situation that drags on. She got sick to her stomach and there was a little blood so the Dr. there ordered lab work. Later they called that she went to the hospital and was admitted for observation. They expected she'd be released the next day and I got a call early morning. Our family Dr. said it was probably a blockage due to plaque in the arteries, which is consistent with other symptoms before.

She'd said to me recently 'I'm 89!!' I was like, yeah, I know! like what are ya telling me for?! lol So we'd had a good laugh about that.
My condolences, Sharon. :pumpformylove: It does seem unexpected, since the way you talked about her, she was quite in charge of her faculties. Very sorry for your family's loss.

Nice sunny day here today.

Hi all. It’s silly o clock here
Off to the funeral at 2 pm today should really try and sleep.
Watched a prog on tv
Like master chef but for photography.. brill prog, found myself CC the images and deciding how I would do the challange/task
I did get some good ideas from it, and soon as can be arranged I am going to be brave and face my nemeses and do a studio style portrait shop ..yes with a human lol.....
Will post images if ok if not will post sad face.....if my G kids show me how...

Another warm and sunny day here today.

Grey day here today.

Hi All. It is nice here today. 70's and clear. A welcome break from the crushing heat and humidity of the past few days. The weekend is looking cloudy and possibly rainy so we are moving our milky way chasing to tonight. Staying out all night is not my favorite thing to do on a work night but it must be done! Heading to the Cape which I prefer to NH for milky way because... no bears!

Hi all grey day here today became nice late evening
Had a bright sunny day yesterday and as these thing go yesterday went well.
We paid for the limo to take us to the cremation and all the staff were brill.
And today the builders finished the repairs and the re Dec of my bedroom can stop camping in my lounge now lol
Maybe even get time to do some photography

Thanks everyone. Now it's been going thru what was in the desk, paperwork... did she ever keep everything, and lots of notes on little note pads, but I'm finding what I need. Just takes time.

Need to finish up an online embroidery class that ends next week, then I'm not starting anything else for awhile! Whew, I need a breather.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back