The Coffee House

Just don't do what happened to my brother and sister.
I sorted my mother's papers, and made stacks for each of them, and LABELED the stacks.
And I told them to come get their papers.
Then someone threw out all the papers, as trash, ignoring the label. :eek-73:
Now those irreplaceable document are "gone." 😭

I'm ready for the weather patterns to change here in the SE US! Heavy humidity, overcast, off and on showers, and did I mention humidity? This is more like late July-August. Disgusting! I've been run indoors shortly after tending to the herbs and tomatoes for the past several days now. I'd planned more shooting with one of my old box cameras, but it's just out of the question. :irked: Ugh!!! Temperatures are moderate, but I'd rather go with higher temps and drier air. Slightly higher, anyway!

Chased the Milky Way into the blue hour then saw what looked to be an amazing sunrise developing so chased that too. Some successes and some flops. It was a looong night. Left here last night at 7:30pm and arrived home at 6:30am. got a short nap before work. Going to sleep like a baby tonight if I make it that far!

Hey hosers.

First day of AP essay scoring on the books. Eight hours and 36 essays done. Half of my time today was training and waiting for the site to start working again, and one meeting with my reading group for this year. Gonna try to see if I can do at least 100 tomorrow. Can't remember what my daily personal best was from last year.

Plethora count so far: 0

Hey hosers.

First day of AP essay scoring on the books. Eight hours and 36 essays done. Half of my time today was training and waiting for the site to start working again, and one meeting with my reading group for this year. Gonna try to see if I can do at least 100 tomorrow. Can't remember what my daily personal best was from last year.

I was not able to teach summer school because of facilities. I will be sitting here until school starts August 18th. I do not know what to do with myself. I will be putting your recipe of pão de ló to a lot of use. =]

Hey hosers.

My eyes would cross at that volume.
When I graded written exams, I was looking for phrases that told me the student understood the problem, and had the answer. I did not READ everything. Half of what some of the student wrote was just "filler/padding," taking up space and saying nothing. And this was short stuff, a page or less. The long stuff took longer and harder to grade.

Funny thing is, when I was grading, I recognized what I used to do myself. oops

I was not able to teach summer school because of facilities. I will be sitting here until school starts August 18th. I do not know what to do with myself. I will be putting your recipe of pão de ló to a lot of use. =]

Mmmm, pão de ló.

My eyes would cross at that volume.
When I graded written exams, I was looking for phrases that told me the student understood the problem, and had the answer. I did not READ everything. Half of what some of the student wrote was just "filler/padding," taking up space and saying nothing. And this was short stuff, a page or less. The long stuff took longer and harder to grade.

Funny thing is, when I was grading, I recognized what I used to do myself. oops

Oh, my eyes are definitely going to be crossed. But thankfully, this is simple scoring and not grading. No comments required! Just read and give numerical scores. I'd never be able to grade that many in one day if I had to read more carefully and write comments about the score. And since these are timed essays, none of them are very long.

Still gonna be cross-eyed.

Well, hi there, stranger! Been a hot minute since you've poked your head in here. We might have to dig up the cooking thread so you can show us how the pão de ló turns out. :)

About 4 hours into reading today. Going for a total of 9 hours for the day. I have done 64 of my goal of 100 for the day, so I'm clearly going to need to up my target.

Leo maybe after grading go out and take some pictures and see if you can get some cool double exposures. Or if you accidently do you won't know the difference!

And... do you get something called Classic Showcase on any of your PBS channels? I put it on sometimes as background music and they showed a clip of the zither music from 'The Third Man' being performed; kind of cool to see from an early TV program. It was from The Firestone Collection, there seem to be a number of those.

Happy Sunday, hosers!

Did 9 hours yesterday. Been at it for about an hour so far this morning. I'm starting my 221st essay for the weekend.

1623591757702.png

Been extremely hot. High 90's for over a week. 101 on Thursday. Woke up Saturday morning to 67 degrees! Grabbed my gear and headed to my favorite park. Not much happening. Guess the critters don't like the heat either. But, I found a few interesting things. I'll post a them.

On my way home, I noticed a number of garage sale signs. Something I haven't seen in over a year. Hit about 8 before the heat got to me. Didn't find much of interest. Some hunting and fishing gear for a good price. The last one I stopped at had an Anova Sous Vide cooker. 30.00. Used once. Offered them the 17.63 I had in my pocket. They accepted. I've really wanted to try it...just couldn't justify the price. Got some more studying to do.

Most reactions

Back