The Coffee House

Hitch 'em up and head out! Just reading about a move makes me want to moan and groan.

Katomi I've been doing the same thing, going thru folders and files etc. Tedious work but I think I've got everything we need. My mom was organized and saved everything, but - saved everything! And we had to dump and grab and go so didn't get to sit and go thru the desk in an organized way.

Now to get it put away for the time being instead of spread out all over. My best friend picked up a grocery order and got us dinner on the way up and went in the kitchen and asked where are we going to put the groceries? and my brilliant answer was uh..... Sat dinner on an end table til we got groc put away because the kitchen table is otherwise occupied with boxes and piles of folders.

So any mention of moving or packing/unpacking sounds less than appealing right now!!

7 days, 60 hours, 810 essays, still only 4 plethoras, and many many many uses of the word 'similie' [sic].

We were supposed to be done today but there's still essays left so there's the option to keep reading tomorrow. It is totally optional, but I could use a few extra bucks, and so come morning, it's once more unto the breach!

Morning all
5064388D-21C2-416D-937B-3D5F12793E68.jpeg

Niall, just had four hours of writing and making phone calls
For mum. Some of the time I had to www search for current company address
I expect the poppy will be battered to death by the rain but it was nice
Hope all are ok

And the grand total when I finally got the screen that says there are no more essays to grade: 7.5 days, 62h 40m, 842 essays.

I hope you can immerse yourself into whatever you do for fun now. You deserve it!

I certainly will, although I apparently spoke too soon. There were no more responses for the question I was assigned, but since there are still more essays to score, our group was assigned to a new question (same type of essay at least.) So I'm back at it for a little while.

Upside #1: More hours = more money.
Upside #2: Plethora count is now up to 5.

I certainly will, although I apparently spoke too soon. There were no more responses for the question I was assigned, but since there are still more essays to score, our group was assigned to a new question (same type of essay at least.) So I'm back at it for a little while.

Upside #1: More hours = more money.
Upside #2: Plethora count is now up to 5.

I like upside #1.

And now I really am officially done. Turns out I only had to read for the 2nd question for a little over an hour. The website we use only shows the hours/essays if we're actively scoring. I had to log off briefly to meet with a student and by the time I was done, I had gotten the message that there were no more essays, so it was too late to log back in to check my official numbers. But I'm fairly certain it was 64 hours almost on the nose, and I'm definitely sure I finished 855 essays.

Keep goin' for those plethoras!

Nah, it's time for takeout and jammies and the 2nd episode of Loki :)

I took most of this past week off work - just left a couple of hours M-Th to attend a few meetings I didn't want to miss and get some things done that I couldn't really leave. But I took ALL of next week off. I am friiiiieeeeed. I need some serious recovery time now.

Okay, I lied. I have energy for very little else today, but apparently leaving my house to go *literally* 4 minutes away to pick up an order of Chinese food takes more energy than just cooking something, cracking open a beer, and flopping on the couch.

My new to me car broke down and left me stranded about 20 miles between two cities in the middle of nowhere (the desert). It really sucks because I was looking to get photos for the weekly 70-300 zoom challenge, I have been waiting all week to participate in the challenge but all I got was dehydrated and a sunburn waiting for a rescue. Looking on the bright side though, it was a beautiful 117 degree day. It's to bad I had to spend it stuck on the side of the road waiting on my kid to get my truck and trailer and pick me up. Hopefully I can get in the next challenge.

Last edited:
Bummer Mike. Hope the rest of the weekend is better.

Leo sounds ready for a plethora of cats & snacks & veg out time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back