The Coffee House

The l series lens. I got lucky there I had to have the remains of the filter cut off but the thread on the end of the lens for filters was not damaged. Again just some scratches.
Lesion learnt the camera WILL be secured between locations

Had to do that at school.
"someone" dropped or BANGED the lens onto something hard, and shattered the filter. The filter ring was distorted enough to NOT be able to be unscrewed from the lens. After trying everything to unscrew the filter, I cut the filter ring in 3 places so that I could remove the pressure of the filter ring on the lens, and was able to remove the filter.

great news! You dodged a bullet there.

What is up Hosers? I’m just back from Maine where we had foggy skies most of the time. I did manage to get one sunrise that was not fogged out. Spent it at Portland Head Light. Had the whole place to myself for about an hour before a photo workshop appeared. It was Mr Ben Williamson himself - I’m a huge fan of his Maine photos. Check him out on Instagram he is benjaminwilliamsonphotography. He is known around here for his ability to read the weather and has dozens of once in a lifetime shots.

Haven’t really processed many of the photos yet but here’s a shot of the pastel sunrise that I did a quick jpeg conversion and edit on my iphone.

View attachment 246385
That is so beautiful, Sharon! Just love it.

Oh, I bet it felt so cool and breezy. *sigh* Nuttin but humidity around here - temperatures not bad for these parts, but the humidity is disgusting. :lol:

Very cool to run into someone whose work you know and admire - small world, eh?

MLW and I have been down with summer colds; mine may be turning into sinus infection. Very jealous, Sharon.
Feel better mr and mrs bear!
That is so beautiful, Sharon! Just love it.

Oh, I bet it felt so cool and breezy. *sigh* Nuttin but humidity around here - temperatures not bad for these parts, but the humidity is disgusting. :lol:

Very cool to run into someone whose work you know and admire - small world, eh?
Terri it’s been the same here it was very humid although not that hot. The whole week in Maine it was only 75 but we were sticky. Breeze was non existent! Even at 430am when I got there I didn’t need my hoodie. It was super buggy as well. I’m usually impervious to mosquito bites- haven’t had one in years - but something got my feet. Probably when I was standing in the wet grass in my flip flops behind the lighthouse using my zoom. My poor feet are covered in bites. I never think to put on bug spray because they don’t usually like me.

Can’t wait for FALL!!!!! If you’d ever told the younger, thinner, beach loving, premenopausal me that I would come to dislike summer, I would have laughed in your face. Now I can’t wish it away fast enough. Especially with all this rain, can’t even get any Milky Way shooting done which is the only redeeming thing about summer these days.

@SquarePeg: LMAO!!! I feel the same way. I've turned into a person who appreciates the transition seasons even more, because the full onslaught of summer isn't around. Winters here are short, can have the occasional snowstorm and be well below freezing, but it's pretty much over by the beginning of March. Summer around here has been known to drag on until October. Ugh!!

I grew up in Michigan, and could easily be convinced to move back there. Winter and snow don't bother me, especially now that I'm retired. Who cares where I hunker down?

@SquarePeg: LMAO!!! I feel the same way. I've turned into a person who appreciates the transition seasons even more, because the full onslaught of summer isn't around. Winters here are short, can have the occasional snowstorm and be well below freezing, but it's pretty much over by the beginning of March. Summer around here has been known to drag on until October. Ugh!!

I grew up in Michigan, and could easily be convinced to move back there. Winter and snow don't bother me, especially now that I'm retired. Who cares where I hunker down?
I used to say I was going to buy a place and snow bird in FL from Jan 2 - March 31 but now I think I’m staying in New England. May move a bit out of the city once Princess is done with college and on her own but since I can’t decide mountains (not in winter!) or the cape (only in off season!), I’ll probably stay just here which is right in the middle! Although Mid Coast Maine is pretty tempting!!!

I hate summer like poison. Always have, always will. This summer has been hot and gross and I was ready for it to be over before it even started.

We went to visit a friend on Sunday and I slathered myself with bug spray. Still got a bite on my ankle. Mosquitos love me. The worst was one summer about 10ish years ago when Buzz and I spent no more than one hour at an outdoor bar having a beer. I had 52 bug bites on my legs from toes to knees. About evenly distibuted between legs. I literally could not walk for more than 5 minutes without being in horrible itchy painful hell. They finally got dried up enough to not itch anymore but I still had the marks all over my legs. I was teaching one morning and writing on the board when I heard a student whisper to a classmate, "What happened to teacher's legs?" I turned around and told them it was mosquito bites. Not only were they amazed that I heard, ("Uh...my ears still work if I'm not look at you, you know.") but they'd apparently never seen anyone who had barely escaped being eaten alive by bugs.

In other news, I fully expect another night of crappy sleep.
(PS, it should be 'lying in bed' but the point stands.)

1626837113445.png

Check it out now… thanks for putting that song in my head for the day. Slightly worse than the tinnitus lol.

The bugs love Princess and my sister-in-law. It’s a running joke in our family to sit between them if you don’t want to get bit.

It’s been so long I’ve forgotten how annoying and itchy bites can be! Princess let me use some of her Benadryl Gel lotion and that worked really well. Highly recommend. She says it must be the gel not the cream.

Good morning hosers. Heading back to the physical office, today; I'll commute in two days per week (Monday & Friday) UFN.

I'm trying to figure out why the increase in single-character avatars.

Good luck bear!

not sure what you mean about the avatars?

The first day back to Largo went fine but with the numbers increasing again, it may be short lived.

Sharon, I've notices a higher number of members changing their avatars to the first letter of their screen name - For example we'd both use an "S". Just wondering if it's a trend from somewhere else.

Trying to figure out if we can swing a trip to Downeast soon - deliver some boxes to lazy lobster and catch the wild blueberry season.

I haven't been around here much. Did I miss anything? :) Family was in from NY and took a bunch of family photos. One trip to the sunflower fields for portraits in the harsh evening sun, but turned out ok. Lots of bugs and bees!

Does it feel like you never left??

Which thing, Charlie, the wedding on a beach with lots of rocks or Borat with a unique way to wear a face mask?

Last week went to a virtual un-convention so I didn't actually go anywhere, but there was so much to see. And do, speaking of Ireland, I did a workshop on a type of Irish lace and the instructor had a lovely lilting accent. Got an email from the Lace Museum she's teaching another one and I signed up in a heartbeat.

My photo that was in an exhibit at Lightbox Gallery came back yesterday. At least they have standard black frames they reuse so only had to send a matted print. My photos go places more than I do.

Last edited:
The first day back to Largo went fine but with the numbers increasing again, it may be short lived.

Sharon, I've notices a higher number of members changing their avatars to the first letter of their screen name - For example we'd both use an "S". Just wondering if it's a trend from somewhere else.

Trying to figure out if we can swing a trip to Downeast soon - deliver some boxes to lazy lobster and catch the wild blueberry season.
I wonder if that is just the page being slow to load the actual avatars and names? Or could be new members who haven’t uploaded an avatar yet.

Most reactions

Back