The Coffee House

Maybe the page loading - some have been here a while.

Hi all
We have gone from hot to cold and wet.
All my fault, just got a new to me 85mm f2.8 and wanted to get out and play...
however, since Mrs died I have been making a quiet area in the garden, to sit in the evenings
033F26A5-5A17-4118-9340-F649B19D79A3.jpeg

How have you been Hosers? It’s been a pretty wet and weird summer here in New England. Last week we had our first 4 days in a row without any rain. The gardens are off a bit with some of the usually larger plants being a bit stunted this year and some of the typically shy plants really putting on a show. You’d thin all this rain would be good for them but it seems to be causing a lot of early and short lived flowering. I’ve been out among the flowers and bees, using my 70-300 to take some macro-ish photos. Spent an hour the other day trying to capture an in focus photo of a butterfly in flight. No such luck but

in other news, we are counting down the days we have left before Princess leaves us to go off to college. She’ll only be 30 minutes away but I expect she’ll be immersed in campus life and we won’t see much of her until the holidays.

What is everyone else up to? @limr how are you liking the new location? Are you going to be on campus full time in the fall? Princess’s school is one of those requiring vaccinations for students, faculty and staff, and as of now they expect to have in person classes and no social distancing requirements.

@snowbear I’m also seeing the letter avatars. I contacted 0ne of the members via PM to ask if that was intentional or if they had added their own avatar but he never responded. I’m going to try someone else.

@Original katomi that looks like a nice idea. Is it buggy at night in your part of the world?

I wonder if that is just the page being slow to load the actual avatars and names? Or could be new members who haven’t uploaded an avatar yet.
I'm guessing it's for members without avatars. Probably related to the recent software upgrade. The older version we were under had some non-avatar design that followed members with no uploaded avatars, and everyone had the same look. Now, the system appears to just be taking the first letter of the user name and filling the box with it - it reminds me of other platforms, like outlook email, that also do this.

Just a guess.

I'm guessing it's for members without avatars. Probably related to the recent software upgrade. The older version we were under had some non-avatar design that followed members with no uploaded avatars, and everyone had the same look. Now, the system appears to just be taking the first letter of the user name and filling the box with it - it reminds me of other platforms, like outlook email, that also do this.

Just a guess.
That's it - no avatar.
Capture.PNG

How have you been Hosers? It’s been a pretty wet and weird summer here in New England. Last week we had our first 4 days in a row without any rain. The gardens are off a bit with some of the usually larger plants being a bit stunted this year and some of the typically shy plants really putting on a show. You’d thin all this rain would be good for them but it seems to be causing a lot of early and short lived flowering. I’ve been out among the flowers and bees, using my 70-300 to take some macro-ish photos. Spent an hour the other day trying to capture an in focus photo of a butterfly in flight. No such luck but

in other news, we are counting down the days we have left before Princess leaves us to go off to college. She’ll only be 30 minutes away but I expect she’ll be immersed in campus life and we won’t see much of her until the holidays.

What is everyone else up to? @limr how are you liking the new location? Are you going to be on campus full time in the fall? Princess’s school is one of those requiring vaccinations for students, faculty and staff, and as of now they expect to have in person classes and no social distancing requirements.

@snowbear I’m also seeing the letter avatars. I contacted 0ne of the members via PM to ask if that was intentional or if they had added their own avatar but he never responded. I’m going to try someone else.

@Original katomi that looks like a nice idea. Is it buggy at night in your part of the world?
We've been having a pretty good summer. The humidity has been nasty, but the air temps have been very good for this area of the country. Plenty of rain. I've had to dump my patio tomatoes and I miss them - but all the rain brought them to maturity a little quicker than usual, and they were on the wane. We still have 3 large tomato plants in the ground that we might nurture along for a few more weeks. I'll miss them when they're gone! All my herbs and potted flowers have been doing very well.

We took a trip into Atlanta for the van Gogh Immersive show a couple weeks ago. We're doing another run next week, this time to the High Museum for a Picasso exhibit - mostly sculpture. Once we're out of that event we're free to wander the rest of the museum, and I'm really looking forward to it. Then dinner in the city and spending the night.

Later this month, I'm taking my first plane trip since the pandemic started to visit my 94 yo mom up in Michigan. She's done remarkably well during the pandemic, and my niece and brother have both been able to check in on her. We'll be there for a week. I love the area she lives in, and am really looking forward to it.

@SquarePeg: I can hardly believe Princess is off to college! You must be excited for her, but it might feel bittersweet, too. Exciting time for her!

@limr how are you liking the new location? Are you going to be on campus full time in the fall? Princess’s school is one of those requiring vaccinations for students, faculty and staff, and as of now they expect to have in person classes and no social distancing requirements.
I've been wondering the same thing! The new pad looked killer once you got the flooring and paint done - how are you liking it? I recall the back yard looking very lush and close to some woodsy area. Are you seeing any critters in the back yard?

@SquarePeg: I can hardly believe Princess is off to college! You must be excited for her, but it might feel bittersweet, too. Exciting time for her!

If memory serves, she was 10 when I joined TPF. We were headed to Hawaii and I came on here looking for some shooting and equipment advice for our trip.

MLW got us new sparkly-shinies today.

58C5D80C-AF5A-4626-8D08-2F59D4F14BC6.jpeg

Miss Harlie has ear infection and seasonal allergies. Went to the vet last week. The cone is already off and she’s feeling better after antibiotic treatment for ear and allergy shot.
67884AE1-5CB8-4822-AD91-585C3A6CCBF6.jpeg

Miss Harlie has ear infection and seasonal allergies. Went to the vet last week. The cone is already off and she’s feeling better after antibiotic treatment for ear and allergy shot. View attachment 247198
Glad the baby is feeling better

Hah!
I received a PM from Mirirana785 saying “Warhorse, hеy) Еmilly, 25, fеmаlе. Frоm USА. Writе mе оnly in КIK mеssеngеr fоr frее sеx chаt, my usеrnаmе: emi9541”.
Must be because of my magnetic personality!

Hah!
I received a PM from Mirirana785 saying “Warhorse, hеy) Еmilly, 25, fеmаlе. Frоm USА. Writе mе оnly in КIK mеssеngеr fоr frее sеx chаt, my usеrnаmе: emi9541”.
Sorry to burst your bubble but they spammed just about everyone this week! Must have gotten over 50 member reported posts about these messages. The spammers are working overtime lately. Please continue to report the spam so we can ban them and delete their accounts . The spam police will soon figure out how to stop them. Until they find another way in.

Hah!

Not to disappoint you ;) but we have been inundated in the past couple of days with reports some kind of spam bot messaging everyone with this same exact message, using multiple IPs and user names.

I have not gotten a message, however. I might be insulted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back