The Coffee House

Good evening, Hosers. Happy Friday.

Gladdie is no longer an "extended test drive;" we dropped the check off this afternoon. Tomorrow I get to celebrate with some trips to the landfill.

We are planning a New England trip over Veteran's Day. We have some boxes to get to Lazy Lobster, so we'll do the day-and-a-half shot to Auburn, then come home through NH, VT and NY (Finger Lakes area).

Unfortunately we missed the wedding celebration due to both the COVID numbers being on the rise again, and the issues with peg leg, but here's Cujo* and Hannah. Photo provided by Cu Andrew's new MIL.

244355919_10101078500802805_4394213106310846996_n.jpg

* He had rabies shots when he was three - indirect exposure to a positive-tested raccoon.

Nice. Sting Gray was my second color choice.

There was a Rubi 392 in the showroom. MLW said it looked like a "fun" car ... that's an understatement.
snowbear, have you found any “easter eggs”?
Heres a quick pic of one on my cowling.
1633728034763.jpeg

snowbear, have you found any “easter eggs”?
Heres a quick pic of one on my cowling.View attachment 249268
The two I have found are the Willys on the windshield and the grill on the headlights. This one doesn’t appear to have the Willys on the wheels. No spoilers.

2herecabouts in MI are you. MLW is from Monroe; some of her nieces and nephews are still there.

The two I have found are the Willys on the windshield and the grill on the headlights. This one doesn’t appear to have the Willys on the wheels. No spoilers.

2herecabouts in MI are you. MLW is from Monroe; some of her nieces and nephews are still there.
I think the Willys on the windshield, and the grill in the headlights are common to all 2021 Gladiators because mine has those too. The sandals are a true "Easter egg", If memory serves me right I also have a spider somewhere else, I will have to look.
Small world...my wife was born in Monroe, but raised in Taylor, which is also where we live now, it is a little north of Monroe.

Evening all, (11 pm uk daylight time) Just sat here at pc doing photo edits and prints ... After finally sorting out printer problems.
I collected the G kids today and had a day at my mums place. The G daughter is photogenic the G son ...gooffie silly smile but was a nice off the cuff shoot.
the attached image is from a trip a few weeks ago, considering that I had two dogs pulling on their leads to look at the ducks as i took this i am pleased with the result

Attachments

• a pair of ducks.jpg
    a pair of ducks.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 80
Evening all, (11 pm uk daylight time) Just sat here at pc doing photo edits and prints ... After finally sorting out printer problems.
I collected the G kids today and had a day at my mums place. The G daughter is photogenic the G son ...gooffie silly smile but was a nice off the cuff shoot.
the attached image is from a trip a few weeks ago, considering that I had two dogs pulling on their leads to look at the ducks as i took this i am pleased with the result
For being pulled by a pair of dogs that wanted to go say Hi, the picture came out fine.

Good morning, hosers. I found some more Easter Eggs on Gladdie:

Inside Tailgate pattern: resembles classic Jeep headlights and grill

Inside head of the bed: again with the grill motif, but also bike tire treads, I guess alluding to the recreational part of the Jeep culture.

One of my favorites: 419 is the area code for Toledo, Ohio, where the Wranglers and Gladiators are built.

Well, off to the office, today.

Good morning, hosers. I found some more Easter Eggs on Gladdie:

Inside Tailgate pattern: resembles classic Jeep headlights and grill

Inside head of the bed: again with the grill motif, but also bike tire treads, I guess alluding to the recreational part of the Jeep culture.

One of my favorites: 419 is the area code for Toledo, Ohio, where the Wranglers and Gladiators are built.

Well, off to the office, today.
That's so cool!! How fun to keep noticing these.

I like the whole idea behind the Easter eggs. Fun marketing. :)

There is an animation on starting the truck that I'll try to video, and a couple underneath the truck. I may, or may not, crawl under there and get shots.

There is definitely a culture associated with the brand. I have learned to "Jeep wave" at others, and have gotten return waves. I've put a "Duck of Justice" (Bangor Police Department) on the rear window but I'm looking forward to receiving my first rubber duck (Jeeps are being "ducked," and it all started in Canada) as well as buying a pack to give some out.

We're thinking about a trip to the beach (to drive on it), as soon as this stuff with SIL clears up.

There is an animation on starting the truck that I'll try to video, and a couple underneath the truck. I may, or may not, crawl under there and get shots.

There is definitely a culture associated with the brand. I have learned to "Jeep wave" at others, and have gotten return waves. I've put a "Duck of Justice" (Bangor Police Department) on the rear window but I'm looking forward to receiving my first rubber duck (Jeeps are being "ducked," and it all started in Canada) as well as buying a pack to give some out.

We're thinking about a trip to the beach (to drive on it), as soon as this stuff with SIL clears up.
Fun stuff! The Bangor PD has a hilarious Facebook page. Simone there has a great sense of humor. You could drive to OBX and drive on the beach with the wild horses! We did that in May and it was so much fun.

Here’s the grill on the Jeep Wrangler my brother bought. Looks custom. The tire cover has a trex theme.

Attachments

• 2FBEEB97-76C0-4200-8702-95C893CA6F76.jpeg
    2FBEEB97-76C0-4200-8702-95C893CA6F76.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
I think that is an added overlay: the angry eyes are kind of neat. Love Bangor PD. Tim Cotton was at the DCTravel show a couple years ago ; we have a photo with him somewhere.

Some parts of Cape Cod allow beach driving, as well as one of our own barrier island, Assateague. Just have to watch out for the ponies.

Hey hosers. Good thing I'm working from home today because I have one doozy of a headache. Plus, I also get to have either sinus issues or allergies. Haven't determined which one is preventing me from breathing. Good times, hosers. Good times.

I'm also getting very bummed out because I haven't seen my Rollei since I moved. :(

Most reactions

Back