The Coffee House

hi how are things that side of the pond

Finally cooling off to proper autumn temperatures. Leaves are turning, which means my nice quiet little corner of the Hudson Valley is being overrun by folks from NYC all out to "look at the foliage" or go apple picking at the farm up the road. It's quite annoying and I wish they would just stay away. I did some long-needed yard work this weekend. My knees are not too happy about it but I'm sure my neighbors are ;)

I used to photo the iron work in the pathways as so much is being replaced by plastic.
then the pc with all the images died so still no record
Limr its always good to get the garden/yard sorted. I did mine today. Tues i plan to have a morning out with the camera

Ah i see.
Well its 00.08 BST here I have just finished editing an image for a club photo comp and sending it off no I am going to bed. Night all chat again soon

Finally cooling off to proper autumn temperatures. Leaves are turning, which means my nice quiet little corner of the Hudson Valley is being overrun by folks from NYC all out to "look at the foliage" or go apple picking at the farm up the road. It's quite annoying and I wish they would just stay away. I did some long-needed yard work this weekend. My knees are not too happy about it but I'm sure my neighbors are ;)
We were hoping to get some fall views but it doesn't look like it's going to happen, with all the stuff going on with SIL. MLW and I decided next Autumn we are going to VT for color, and swing down through the finger lakes region.

She found a couple places for sale around Watkins Glen/Lake Seneca - both B&Bs. It's a shame we're not ready to go.

Here ya go.
Years ago I was at a Scottish Festival with my father. We were the first ones at the tent that morning and the guy at the next tent asked if we wanted some "sweetener" in our coffee. After dad told him we already has cream and sugar, he grinned and pulled out a bottle of single malt.

Hey hosers. Today was an on-campus day but there's flash flooding so I am working from home today. Not as good as a snow day, but I'll still take it!

Pouring buckets here! We’re having a n’oreaster according to the local news.

This past weekend they finally installed our new fence. Been impatiently waiting over a month for the materials to arrive. I’m pretty happy with it. It will look a lot more organic once the rose bushes grow - I wanted them close enough to poke through the pickets and trail over the top. Planted a lot of tulip and iris bulbs in front of it. Hard to tell from the photos but it’s set 1.5’ feet back from the sidewalk so I can soften it with some low plants in between the flowers. Going to close off that right side with some Rose of Sharon to form a loose hedge. once it’s all done I’ll have the grass spruced up. The view from inside the house is much improved. It’s nice to have something to look at other than passing cars.

9CBEC9AC-8668-49F5-8396-A1775B0CDE93.jpeg

48895087-32F1-4FE5-9650-EC269534315A.jpeg

0E6EDD5B-2493-4BEB-8B70-EC65BD350B22.jpeg

It looks good already! Can only imagine how pretty it will be surrounded by roses and other flowers. This was a great idea, homeowner! ;)

Just got home; took MLW to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (it's her birthday).

Looks real nice, Sharon.

Just got home; took MLW to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (it's her birthday).

Looks real nice, Sharon.
Ooooh we love TXRH! Especially those yummy rolls with the cinnamon butter. I took Princess there a few weeks ago and had to request an order of rolls to go for her to bring back to her roommates.

Ooooh we love TXRH! Especially those yummy rolls with the cinnamon butter. I took Princess there a few weeks ago and had to request an order of rolls to go for her to bring back to her roommates.
Yes, the rolls and butter. We both got the bone-in ribeye (AKA Tomahawk) which is 1-1/2 meals in itself. Guess what I had for lunch!

How is she doing, by the way?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back