The Coffee House

She’s doing great! We had dinner tonight with her roommates and their moms. We’ve decided it will be a monthly event. One of the perks of having her at a school so close!

How fun! That's such a great idea, everyone getting to know everyone's immediate family.

Hosers, it's raining cats and dogs outside. Gonna be a dreary day, and much cooler. I'm going to head to the kitchen and make a pot of split pea soup. There's a fat Italian round of bread on the counter. So, dinner is officially decided. :)

More rain and wind here! Thankful to know I don’t have to drive anywhere today.

She’s doing great! We had dinner tonight with her roommates and their moms. We’ve decided it will be a monthly event. One of the perks of having her at a school so close!
Glad that princes is doing great in school. Good that she is nearby for a dinner meet up. When our oldest was in college nearby she invited us over about a month after she moved into the dorm. I went shopping and had several grocery bags of snacks. Thought I was going to get mugged in the hallway :lol:

Glad that princes is doing great in school. Good that she is nearby for a dinner meet up. When our oldest was in college nearby she invited us over about a month after she moved into the dorm. I went shopping and had several grocery bags of snacks. Thought I was going to get mugged in the hallway :lol:
Lol! I get that vibe when I’m there too. Despite the extremely expensive room and board meal plan (required), food at the campus dining hall is a bit gross and is an ongoing issue from what I’ve learned. I have been sending a steady supply of meals they can zap in the microwave. Last week I made them a big pan of baked Mac n cheese and a couple of batches of nestle toll house. This week I’ve promised spaghetti and meatballs.

It's supposed to rain here, tomorrow - The Fire/EMD Operations Duty Chief asked if I could provide any floodplain maps; chance of coastal flooding. Even though we are not on the coast, we are between a couple of tidal rivers, so it could be interesting. If it get's real bad, I'll see how this Jeep fords streams.

Lol! I get that vibe when I’m there too. Despite the extremely expensive room and board meal plan (required), food at the campus dining hall is a bit gross and is an ongoing issue from what I’ve learned. I have been sending a steady supply of meals they can zap in the microwave. Last week I made them a big pan of baked Mac n cheese and a couple of batches of nestle toll house. This week I’ve promised spaghetti and meatballs.
The meal plan is expensive! If my daughters had money left on the plan at the end of the year, they would go to the little on campus quick type shop and spend the remainder. We had snacks for months. I donated some to the local food pantry. Any money left on their plan was not carried over to the next year. So use it or lose it.

The 3yo grandson was in town for a few days. He doesn't visit often and just now warming up to us. When I act silly for him, he laughs and then says crazy. Guess I am now the crazy grandma.

Set up this years' xmas set and took a few photos. The session was only 5 min and he kept asking if we were done. Didn't get him smiling big, but got this half smile. Another day tried to get his photo in his dinosaur halloween costume and the photos were him laying on the floor in melt down mode. I did get a couple as he went up the steps.

102821_008SmallWeb.jpg

Another day tried to get his photo in his dinosaur halloween costume and the photos were him laying on the floor in melt down mode.
:biglaugh: Kids! I don't mean to laugh, but he's so cute and I can just envision him so clearly in melt down mode!!

Thank goodness you got this one. It's perfectly fine, and he's adorable in his jammies!

:biglaugh: Kids! I don't mean to laugh, but he's so cute and I can just envision him so clearly in melt down mode!!

Thank goodness you got this one. It's perfectly fine, and he's adorable in his jammies!
It was a cute meltdown :) He was wearing a dinosaur costume :lol:

Taking a short break from work. I'm locating (to map) specific trash bins. I was given a spreadsheet with the "locations" and get to map them, after verifying the locations. Sometimes the people who make these lists aren't very precise; my favorite in "Cabin Branch Road / 4th Telephone Pole" :BangHead:

Rains stopped after Saturday night and the streams are still high, but not over the banks, from what I've seen. Still working to get stuff out of SIL's place, but MLW is confident we can get it done this week.

"Cabin Branch Road / 4th Telephone Pole" :BangHead:

"Cabin Branch Road / 4th Telephone Pole" :BangHead:
Sounds legit ! Many years ago my Dad gave me directions for us to meet him at a campground. He said to turn left at the large tire. Well that is what I heard, but he was actually saying tower.

Most reactions

Back