The Coffee House

My mother grew up in an area where a local furniture store had a huge chair in the parking lot, so "the large tire" would make sense to me.

3 year old, meltdown, that sounds about right ! lol having worked with that age group for 20 years. Cute picture of him, love the Santa hat dinosaurs.

@Sharon - Merrimack! I've seen them play hockey here years ago. Should hunt thru my old pictures. They were playing in an older smaller arena where they let fans stand around the glass the whole game so of course I took pictures. I think I've seen most of Hockey East in a tournament that used to be played here.

College food seems to not have improved over the years! lol I still to this day cannot eat chicken parmesan. Not sure why we had that every week...

Hi Hosers! My Milky Way photo posse went out last night to get photos of the northern lights without me because I had another commitment. Of course they got some awesome amazing looks at the lights. I am debating going out tonight but I would have to cancel some plans and go up two hours north by myself… Sigh I don’t know what to do. Having major FOMO but I also don’t want to throw my whole weekend into chaos by being out all night in the cold - also changing my plans tonight means moving things to tomorrow and working with little sleep… but it’s the Aurora baby!

They were visible in about the same areas a few years go, so you'll get another shot if you can't do it tonight. These things are cyclic. I'm wishing this was delayed a week or so - we'll be up over the Holiday.

I decided to skip it because the forecast called for a little bit more clouds than what I was comfortable with for that long of a drive. I’ll just avoid Instagram and Facebook for a few days in case everybody else went up there and got their shot of a lifetime LOL.

With the mess that SIL has been in and our trying to get the trailer cleaned out for sale, we haven't been anywhere to see Autumn colors. MLW suggested a trip to New England next year. :clap:

Waiting at the local pharmacy waiting for my COVID booster and Flu shot.

That is so right.

Another weekend clearing out Peg-Leg's place. Tomorrow I go to the office while MLW takes PL for a DR's appointment, then back to the trailer to work some more. I'm taking off Wednesday to install the bed cover on Gladdie (if it's delivered), then off to Maine on Thursday after MLW's therapy session.

On the road again.

84207BAD-5EE5-4F0F-B9A4-AF0AA7DFA854.jpeg

Yes, we are. we changed our usual overnight spot from Mystic, CT (as in the Pizza movie) to Sturbridge, Mass. a little longer drive today but it puts us an hour closer to Maine.

g’night, peeps

Hi all! Just wanted to ask if you have a spare 5 or 10 minutes today to check out loveforourelders.org. It’s a program to brighten lonely elders’ day by writing cards/notes to them. Doesn’t cost you anything except time, postage and writing/art supplies! Think of what it will mean to them!

Hosers! A stomach bug knocked me on my arse the past few days. I was fine Sunday afternoon but bam by Sunday night I was a mess. Roughest 24 hours I can ever recall. Thought I had a fever too but that turned out to be a sunburn from walking on the beach Sunday morning! To add insult to injury I threw my back out in the middle of the whole thing. Covid test was negative fortunately. Stomach is feeling a bit better today but I’m left with the backache and a blinding headache. If you’ve never known the agony of sneezing while your back is in pain consider yourself lucky. Hoping to be back to “normal” tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back