The Coffee House

Hosers! A stomach bug knocked me on my arse the past few days. I was fine Sunday afternoon but bam by Sunday night I was a mess. Roughest 24 hours I can ever recall. Thought I had a fever too but that turned out to be a sunburn from walking on the beach Sunday morning! To add insult to injury I threw my back out in the middle of the whole thing. Covid test was negative fortunately. Stomach is feeling a bit better today but I’m left with the backache and a blinding headache. If you’ve never known the agony of sneezing while your back is in pain consider yourself lucky. Hoping to be back to “normal” tomorrow.
Wow you have it all! Feel better soon!

Ugh, @SquarePeg: that sounds awful! I'm so sorry. I hope you turn the corner soon!

I'm very familiar with the back pain being worse upon sneezing, unfortunately. 🤧

Get well soon. ❤

I hope you're feeling better, Sharon, and I swear, it wasn't me. We went through New Hampshire to get home, Sunday. really. :newangel:

I went to my first Jeep "thing" yesterday - a "rolling wave" for a boy's 9th birthday. The back story: his dad is a Jeeper and the family goes on off-road / camping weekends. Dad is being deployed to the Middle East and will miss his son's birthday. Dad asks his off-road pals to "take care of Jax on his birthday" and word spreads among a couple Jeep clubs.

Between 20 and 30 Jeeps met at the nearby high school, and we lined up. A couple plain black SUVs went to get the family, and drove them by us, "on review." When the SUVs passed the group, the Fire Engine, MD CHART truck and two State Troopers lead us in the procession back to the family's house. The Engine and Troopers blocked traffic for us.

I could only get one shot, as we lined up and waited for the family to review us.

Untitled by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

I went to my first Jeep "thing" yesterday - a "rolling wave" for a boy's 9th birthday. The back story: his dad is a Jeeper and the family goes on off-road / camping weekends. Dad is being deployed to the Middle East and will miss his son's birthday. Dad asks his off-road pals to "take care of Jax on his birthday" and word spreads among a couple Jeep clubs.

Between 20 and 30 Jeeps met at the nearby high school, and we lined up. A couple plain black SUVs went to get the family, and drove them by us, "on review." When the SUVs passed the group, the Fire Engine, MD CHART truck and two State Troopers lead us in the procession back to the family's house. The Engine and Troopers blocked traffic for us.

I could only get one shot, as we lined up and waited for the family to review us.

Untitled by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr
Refreshing story about what was done for the boy's birthday.

Youse "Jeepers" are cool peoples!

Last edited by a moderator:
USA Hosers! Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! And for those not in the USA - have a great weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving, hosers in the US! I hope everyone has a relaxing day with family and friends, and good food. ❤

Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Americans! turkey twerk.gif

Last edited:
Well, it is dirty and there are a couple scratches on the bed cap (plastic), but no dents.

It's been a long night. Pegleg is back in the hospital with bone infection. MLW came up first thing yesterday morning and I popped in yesterday evening. I ran home long enough to feed kitty and take a shower, then got back up here (about 1-1/2 hours from home) a few minutes ago. She is in "comfort care" which means she does not want to be resusitated. We've heard a few hours to one guess of two or three weeks. Looks like it may be another sucky Christmas.

Most reactions

Back