The Coffee House

Well, it is dirty and there are a couple scratches on the bed cap (plastic), but no dents.

It's been a long night. Pegleg is back in the hospital with bone infection. MLW came up first thing yesterday morning and I popped in yesterday evening. I ran home long enough to feed kitty and take a shower, then got back up here (about 1-1/2 hours from home) a few minutes ago. She is in "comfort care" which means she does not want to be resusitated. We've heard a few hours to one guess of two or three weeks. Looks like it may be another sucky Christmas.
So sorry bear.

Well, it is dirty and there are a couple scratches on the bed cap (plastic), but no dents.

It's been a long night. Pegleg is back in the hospital with bone infection. MLW came up first thing yesterday morning and I popped in yesterday evening. I ran home long enough to feed kitty and take a shower, then got back up here (about 1-1/2 hours from home) a few minutes ago. She is in "comfort care" which means she does not want to be resusitated. We've heard a few hours to one guess of two or three weeks. Looks like it may be another sucky Christmas.

I'm so sorry :(

thanks, hon.

in a nutshell, antibiotics have been stopped as they appeared to be causing a drop in kidney function. Pain med was given IV. She isn’t responsive to verbal questions but does respond to touch. We are waiting for hospice to determine if she will receive home or in-patient care (likely).

I’ll probably go home tonight and come back tomorrow unless I am needed to go back to her trailer.

I’ll return to work Monday if nothing changes.

Sherry's (SIL's / 'Pegleg's") journey is finally over - no more pain, anxiety and depression. She drove me crazy, but she always meant well and put others before herself.

Rest in peace.

Both you, and your wife have my condolences.

Sherry's (SIL's / 'Pegleg's") journey is finally over - no more pain, anxiety and depression. She drove me crazy, but she always meant well and put others before herself.

Rest in peace.

I'm so sorry, Charlie. Love to you and your wife and family.

I'm so sorry, Charlie. Love to you and your wife and family.
Thanks. MLW, Ada (the other SIL “) and I decided no cooking tonight, so we’re at a local seafood place near Ada. Yep, we’re near Bawlmer.

2F6AAE42-9BDA-4363-BB3A-F7CD595EBFDA.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, the arrangements have been made. Really, the only thing left is flowers and we have some time for that. We do need to contact a couple of the local newspapers (here and Michigan) for the obits. I got fussed at today by the boss for even thinking about calling into the staff meeting while at the funeral home.

And $#!t comes in threes:
First my sister-in-law, then a friend's/former co-worker's son was killed in a robbery, and yesterday my mom passed away. Thanks, Leo for taking care of POTM last night. Keeping busy to not dwell on things that I can't change.

So sorry bear. You’ve had more than your share recently. Don’t forget to take care of yourself during all of this.

And $#!t comes in threes:
First my sister-in-law, then a friend's/former co-worker's son was killed in a robbery, and yesterday my mom passed away. Thanks, Leo for taking care of POTM last night. Keeping busy to not dwell on things that I can't change.
Good lord, Charlie- somehow I missed these recent posts and this ordeal you and your family are going through. I'm so very sorry about your mom. ❤ You have my condolences.

Thanks, love you guys. we’re getting some help and support from my aunt and cousin. A lot of work ahead and we still have a couple more weekends working at Sherry’s place. It seems like we’ll never get done. A big shout out and thanks to Leo for finishing up the POTM.

Most reactions

Back