The Coffee House

hi all . just getting over chest infection 4 weeks ... decided to have a day out..
spotted this gem... only the one shot as the road was v slippery and i dont need another fall.
man bike water.jpg

Heading to the Delmarva peninsula soon, for a conference. For those that don't know where, or what it is, it's locally referred to as the Eastern Shore. The name is from Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. If you look on a map, DelMarVa is the piece of land between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean (the Eastern Shore of Maryland). There are a lot of farms (it's alluvial) and beaches. It's a shame it's too early for melons, 'lopes and silver queen corn.

Taking the camera and monopod, though I don't know how much time I'll have to shoot.

Hey Hosers.

Got my second booster this morning. I expect tomorrow to be a couch day, and that's no big deal. Feeling tired and achy...well, it's not all that different from how I usually feel, so whatever ;) I just hope my arm doesn't react the way it did to the first booster. I had Pfizer for the first two primary COVID vaccines, and then I switched to Moderna for the boosters. The first booster left a huge, hard lump that took up half my upper arm, and not only hurt, but it itched like crazy. And it lasted for over a week. The Pfizer shots just left me sore for a day or so and then it was done. I am really hoping that doesn't happen again. It was doubleplusungood.

Hope you do OK with it Leo. And if you're still up at midnight couch-potatoing, how about some zither music? Yes, it's once again, on TCM, 'The Third Man'.

Charlie hope it is/was a nice trip. You talk about great sounding seafood on the coast, some of us are too far inland for more than carp or fish sticks. I appreciate good seafood when I can, not quite the same in my tristate area compared to yours.

Hey Hosers.

Got my second booster this morning. I expect tomorrow to be a couch day, and that's no big deal. Feeling tired and achy...well, it's not all that different from how I usually feel, so whatever ;) I just hope my arm doesn't react the way it did to the first booster. I had Pfizer for the first two primary COVID vaccines, and then I switched to Moderna for the boosters. The first booster left a huge, hard lump that took up half my upper arm, and not only hurt, but it itched like crazy. And it lasted for over a week. The Pfizer shots just left me sore for a day or so and then it was done. I am really hoping that doesn't happen again. It was doubleplusungood.
How long ago did you get the first booster? This second booster is news to me.

I had the first booster in November '21, the second in April '22. I was luck enough to just have some soreness min the arem for a couple days.

How long ago did you get the first booster? This second booster is news to me.

First booster was at the beginning of December. The recommendations for a 2nd booster started around the end of March/beginning of April. It's currently recommended for those over 50 or with underlying conditions and four months after their first booster.

The county where I work just upgraded to a higher level of alert. Masks had been optional for a couple of weeks, but we are back to mandatory masking as of Monday. Which is fine with me. It still feels weird being inside a public building without a mask. I've kept the mask off if I am in a store for just a few minutes, but anything longer than 5-10 minutes and I always have a mask on.

Last edited:
I'm ready for my second booster. I just keep forgetting to get online through Walgreens to schedule it. It's silly to have to do it that way, since the demand is so much more manageable.

Happy Friday the 13th, Hosers!

Thanks limr, guess I'm due for my second booster in August.

I’m putting off the second boost as long as I reasonably can. The second shot gave me tinnitus and the booster brought it back just when it started to fade. I’m at that point now where it’s almost ignorable and I’d like to have a few peaceful months first. My risk level of exposure is pretty low - I work remotely, avoid crowds and I mask indoors in public places.

I've had 3 Moderna, DW has had 4 (immune compromised).

Looks like we are not going to see the lunar eclipse here tomorrow evening. :icon_sad:

Looks like we are not going to see the lunar eclipse here tomorrow evening. :icon_sad:
Likely will be clouded out here as well. Was also hoping for sunset moonrise tonight but 96% cloud cover is a non starter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back