The Coffee House

Tried to replace the line on the flag pole but it didn’t work. I guess I should have taped the new to old instead of trying to whip them together. I’ll have to come up with a new plan to add the rope. It’s only about 30’, I guess.

Last edited:
And another wonderful sunny day here in the south.
melting.gif

It’s been nice here. Not a lot of hot days and a bit chilly at night. My garden is a bit behind without the heat. I started a new butterfly garden this spring and it’s not really growing as fast as I expected. Just sort of sitting there waiting. The established plants in the rest of the yard are loving the cool spring but not the new stuff.

Also the mild days and cool nights mean that the pool is still freezing. I don’t usually find the water warm enough for me until it’s been consistently in the mid 80’s for more than a week without any big temp drops at night.

It's been cooler here, too. I am enjoying it while it lasts. I fear that reasonable June weather means that July and August is about to pummel us.
d47992dec0922346d82fe1bba4754586.jpg

New England roller coaster weather - just look at the low tomorrow vs the high on Saturday then back to 50’s on Monday. No wonder the plants don’t know if they should be growing or blooming or going to seed!

557D48E4-05D2-437C-9AB4-71AEAE7FA407.jpeg

Looks a little finicky Sharon. We have been having hot humid days. It was nice 2 days and got in a hike. I like it on the warm side, but not high humidity. You know it is hot out when all 3 pups are looking in the back door to come in after 10 minutes.

I guess we're sending you our stuff.

Looks a little finicky Sharon. We have been having hot humid days. It was nice 2 days and got in a hike. I like it on the warm side, but not high humidity. You know it is hot out when all 3 pups are looking in the back door to come in after 10 minutes.
Last time it was really hot here I went outside to get Harlie and she was laying in the sun on the hot cement of the patio! Her Alabama roots were showing through.
I guess we're sending you our stuff.
You always do pal.

I am sitting under the patio umbrella as I write this, not for shade, but to keep the light drizzle off me:lol: Currently 62 deg F. We have that roller coaster pattern too.

@Dean_Gretsch I'd gladly trade you some warm weather for cool. Maxed out at 102 today. Hopefully will stay in the high 90s tomorrow. By next week they are saying we'll catch a break in the heat.

Well, a first for me this afternoon. I was out on the patio putting my tools away from carving another wood spirit and about to go in the house when I noticed a male ruby throat hummingbird in quite the predicament! My wife has a couple solar powered glass flowers with color changing bulbs attached to the flower box that also has the feeders hanging from it. The “ flowers “ have an alligator clip and tightly coiled spring that allows them to bounce a bit in the wind. The hummer somehow had his beak stuck between the coils of the spring and could not free himself. I think it had just happened because it still had strength when I freed it. It flew away instantly. I would have taken a pic of it if I had known it wasn’t weak. I wanted to give it a chance and quickly dismissed getting the camera😊. I took those flowers away so that won’t happen again🤭

@Dean_Gretsch I'd gladly trade you some warm weather for cool. Maxed out at 102 today. Hopefully will stay in the high 90s tomorrow. By next week they are saying we'll catch a break in the heat.
Yeah, my mother said it’s been very hot there too in south central Kentucky. I think I heard we are about 4 inches precipitation above average for June, so we have had a lot of cloud cover.

Well, a first for me this afternoon. I was out on the patio putting my tools away from carving another wood spirit and about to go in the house when I noticed a male ruby throat hummingbird in quite the predicament! My wife has a couple solar powered glass flowers with color changing bulbs attached to the flower box that also has the feeders hanging from it. The “ flowers “ have an alligator clip and tightly coiled spring that allows them to bounce a bit in the wind. The hummer somehow had his beak stuck between the coils of the spring and could not free himself. I think it had just happened because it still had strength when I freed it. It flew away instantly. I would have taken a pic of it if I had known it wasn’t weak. I wanted to give it a chance and quickly dismissed getting the camera😊. I took those flowers away so that won’t happen again🤭

I'd much rather know that the hummingbird is safe and happily flying around than see pictures of it :) Thank you for saving him!

I'd much rather know that the hummingbird is safe and happily flying around than see pictures of it :) Thank you for saving him!
Me too! That’s why I freed it after the split second thought. We love to watch them and I believe it’s his own habit of vigorously defending “ his “ feeders that probably caused the problem.

Most reactions

Back