The Coffee House

Hey hosers. This is me. In cat form.

View attachment 257576

I subscribe to this! One of my favorite pandemic memes is something about practicing social distancing and noticing your life really hasn’t changed that much.

Charlie bet it'll be so nice when done! I love cherry, have some dark and some light. Had to save up to buy 'real' wood, one's a library bookcase.

Poppies!! Wonder how mine are doing, they got knocked over in the rain one time too many and haven't been coming up.

Wondering because - did I ever post about being in rehab??? Maybe I did but not lately; therapy OT/PT and now starting to transition toward going home. Long story, but 2 of my meds that in combo can case kidney problems, did. Thanks to my PCP catching it early thru routine tests and getting me to a nephrologist (who knew that was a thing!), intensive treatment/dialysis - which is DONE!!! Done, done, done!! Never thought it would be this good this soon! (About 3 months or so, better than what could've been, some people never get off dialysis.) My kidneys got real happy and I'm over the moon!

Leo, when I get outta here, I just want to hear - quiet. You'd really love it here. :boggled:

Will have to ask my best friend if she sees any poppies in my back yard, nice red ones.

Holy crap, Sharon! I didn't know you are in rehab - it sounds like you've been through the wringer! Glad the worst is behind you. ❤️ Hope you're on your way home very soon!

@snowbear : These pictures look great! A lot has been done, but more to do of course. Question: how hard was it to remove that big mirror from over the fireplace?

I subscribe to this! One of my favorite pandemic memes is something about practicing social distancing and noticing your life really hasn’t changed that much.
The pandemic gave a lot of introverts permission to live life the way they always wanted. I definitely didn’t miss people as much as I thought I would.
Charlie bet it'll be so nice when done! I love cherry, have some dark and some light. Had to save up to buy 'real' wood, one's a library bookcase.

Poppies!! Wonder how mine are doing, they got knocked over in the rain one time too many and haven't been coming up.

Wondering because - did I ever post about being in rehab??? Maybe I did but not lately; therapy OT/PT and now starting to transition toward going home. Long story, but 2 of my meds that in combo can case kidney problems, did. Thanks to my PCP catching it early thru routine tests and getting me to a nephrologist (who knew that was a thing!), intensive treatment/dialysis - which is DONE!!! Done, done, done!! Never thought it would be this good this soon! (About 3 months or so, better than what could've been, some people never get off dialysis.) My kidneys got real happy and I'm over the moon!

Leo, when I get outta here, I just want to hear - quiet. You'd really love it here. :boggled:

Will have to ask my best friend if she sees any poppies in my back yard, nice red ones.
Oh wow Sharon I’m so glad you’re feeling better! I hope your poppies are doing well. Please keep us posted about your health and your garden.

@snowbear I hope you will have room for that beautiful kitchen island that you guys got a few years ago.

These are from 2021 but it gives an idea of the colours I get each year

Attachments

• 0A062B96-25C3-4A7D-8848-CA6EE08E9E1F.jpeg
    0A062B96-25C3-4A7D-8848-CA6EE08E9E1F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 08E6FACC-0D30-44EC-BD7C-2891EAFE252E.jpeg
    08E6FACC-0D30-44EC-BD7C-2891EAFE252E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 8170EF93-8A1C-4261-989F-B380876C8134.jpeg
    8170EF93-8A1C-4261-989F-B380876C8134.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 613AA970-FA57-4E80-B3DD-16AE1167EF82.jpeg
    613AA970-FA57-4E80-B3DD-16AE1167EF82.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • F9995699-19C7-49ED-921D-1E7809D7FD0A.jpeg
    F9995699-19C7-49ED-921D-1E7809D7FD0A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 07EAEAC9-8526-43CA-9098-FF3C2D1BBF96.jpeg
    07EAEAC9-8526-43CA-9098-FF3C2D1BBF96.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Oh crap, Sharon, too. Glad you'll be going home soon. Us elders have to be careful.

Leo: I can relate, sometime. 😁

Terri: Luckily the mirror wasn't glued to the wall, but held in place with four screws. When Adam (our nephew) took the third screw out, it popped out from the wall. It surprised him, as well as us. We had the kitchen guy there, at the time, and ran over to hold the mirror up while Adam finished unscrewing it. He just carried outside and cut into smaller pieces to transport it out.

Sharon Cat: It's not really an island, but a side table. Since the center of the wall is being removed, we will be able to put it in the kitchen.

I slept most of the day due to the muscle relaxer. The trip to the lumber yard is still on, but MLW will have to drive a good bit of it. I cut down most of the weeds in the front and sides of the house this week, but still have to conquer the back. I'll do what I can on Sunday and Monday, if the back allows. We picked up some stuff in a bottle to help get rid of the poison and other ivy. Not quite Agent Orange, but I hope it clears this crap and I can put grass back in before too long.

What are all you hosers doing to celebrate July 4th? Or for those who are not in the US what are your weekend plans?

We’re working at the house all weekend. This is what we picked out for the mantle. We’re keeping the curve to give an organic look. The wood is Cocobolo, a Central American hardwood. We just need to decide what kind of finish to use (oil, wax, epoxy, urethane, etc.
E9637316-9D17-4DC3-8F1A-435FF8D8A4B7.jpeg
5E612F17-520A-4AE8-A5E8-3361A287AA0C.jpeg

If I really wanted to keep people away, I’d use thistle and nettles.
I planted a tall thistle in my butterfly garden. I put it way in the back in the corner so it won’t get anyone!

Sticky but oh so yummy! These are my 5 hour croc pot ribs after they’ve been slathered with Hawaiian bbq sauce and grilled until they get that nice carmelized crust.

A6A2453A-9810-45CD-A1C1-1FD67C74344C.jpeg

Most reactions

Back