The Coffee House

Sticky but oh so yummy! These are my 5 hour croc pot ribs after they’ve been slathered with Hawaiian bbq sauce and grilled until they get that nice carmelized crust.

View attachment 257722
Beautiful ribs, Sharon!

We took our bikes out and had a decent ride yesterday morning. Fireworks were all around us, but not close enough to alarm the cats. They don't seem to mind the booms, but that whistling noise when they first go up really spooks them. Poor girls!

Had to scroll on past the ribs! lol even a glimpse looked toooo good.

Thanks everyone. Went to the nephrologist (never knew that was a thing), nothing real new because the Dr. office is right next to dialysis and his nurses/nurse practitioner see me there so I've been informed along the way.

I was looking up how to spell creatinine and ended up on the Mayo Clinic site (I try to not look up much medical stuff online and go by what the doctors/medical experts say) but did read a blurb that sounded a lot like my situation. It said the condition can be reversible. The Dr. didn't seem to quite want to confirm yet but said it's likely that's what's happened. Remembered later he said he'd be taking me off the Prednisone (steroids) and I was like really??!!! Wow is all I can say.

Tomorrow the port comes out. Rescheduled once, welcome to life in a nursing home. Just yank the sucker!! jk And have to go into the city, oh dandy. But at least it'll get done and that'll be that! The main thing is, no more dialysis, condition likely reversed, better/sooner than I ever hoped or expected. I'll take it!

Charlie that is one gorgeous piece of wood!!

Sharon I have lots of clover, no reason, that's just what grows in the grass in my back yard. Fine with me!

Haven't seen poppy fields but there's a place that has sunflower fields, late summer is that a pretty sight.

Thanks everyone. Went to the nephrologist (never knew that was a thing), nothing real new because the Dr. office is right next to dialysis and his nurses/nurse practitioner see me there so I've been informed along the way.

I was looking up how to spell creatinine and ended up on the Mayo Clinic site (I try to not look up much medical stuff online and go by what the doctors/medical experts say) but did read a blurb that sounded a lot like my situation. It said the condition can be reversible. The Dr. didn't seem to quite want to confirm yet but said it's likely that's what's happened. Remembered later he said he'd be taking me off the Prednisone (steroids) and I was like really??!!! Wow is all I can say.

Tomorrow the port comes out. Rescheduled once, welcome to life in a nursing home. Just yank the sucker!! jk And have to go into the city, oh dandy. But at least it'll get done and that'll be that! The main thing is, no more dialysis, condition likely reversed, better/sooner than I ever hoped or expected. I'll take it!

Sharon I have lots of clover, no reason, that's just what grows in the grass in my back yard. Fine with me!

Haven't seen poppy fields but there's a place that has sunflower fields, late summer is that a pretty sight.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Went to St Louis to my favorite camera store today. I've bought new and used and have traded in gear too.

I handed the sales rep the box with the Fujinon lens and told him I wanted to trade in for an EF lens. He paused and said slowly, so you want to trade the Fuji lens in for an EF lens.
I then explained that I had 2 systems, the Fuji and a Canon. I said did you think I wanted to put an EF lens on a Fuji

He said well I had to ask because you never know :) He has probably seen it all working at the store.

Good morning hosers. At the airport having a crab omelette before the plane gets to the gate. Why, doncha know, that’s how we do it in Bawlmer, Merland.

Made it to Denver. Plane was packed but I got a window in the last row. Now wait a couple of hours for the last leg to Santa Barbara.

the photo backpack is fairly comfortable but I only have the camera, 24-70, 70-200, 2x extender and spare clothes.

edit: I hate spell checkers.

Last edited:
Made it to Denver. Plane was packed but I got a window in the last row. Now wait a couple of hours for the last leg to Santa Barbara.

the photo backpack is fairly comfortable but I only have the camera, 24-70, 70-200, 2x engender and spare clothes.
Whew - long day you're having, Charlie. Keep us posted. Safe travels!

Whew - long day you're having, Charlie. Keep us posted. Safe travels!
Thank you. At least this leg I’m in the first group on (after the usual priorities). It’s going down to the sixties at night in SB and San Diego. It should feel good but I grabbed a hoodie from one of the airport shops. About 40 minutes until boarding.

I took a couple shots from the terminal window, but nothing special. I decided not to bring the laptop so post will be when I get home unless I can figure out how to load them on to the iPad.

So where ya going Charlie, and why? Maybe I missed something...

Hope you have safe travels and a fun trip.

Final destination is San Diego for a GIS conference, but first I stopped on Santa Barbara to visit my cousin whom I haven’t seen in years.

I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery.
So far, I just see a Nephrologist once a year to keep tabs on my elevated numbers due to diabetes, and the meds I take for that, plus the fact that I was born with only one kidney.

Paula and the bear in front of her place near Santa Barbara.

E49A46C3-80E5-4C37-BB11-AB8C98301F0E.jpeg

Nice shot! I can see a family resemblance - y'all look more like siblings than cousins, but that happens in a lot of families. :)

Hope you had a great visit.

Most reactions

Back