The Coffee House

Evening all, well sold up all my Sony FF and have come back to Fuji X as love it plus a lot lighter. Now have the X-T3 again and a X-S10.

Evening all, well sold up all my Sony FF and have come back to Fuji X as love it plus a lot lighter. Now have the X-T3 again and a X-S10.
It's a sleeper system--beautifully-made bodies and superb optics. The last Nikon DSLR for me was a D7200+a bag of G primes(which I love for its MF Nikkor capability)before moving to Fuji. Still jonesing for a mint X-Pro2...You're in on something--enjoy it!

Bay Photo floating metal 16x24 print of my Boston skyline photo that I’m donating to a fundraiser for a charity that helps kids with autism. It will be one of the raffle prizes. Chose this photo because many of the fundraiser guests are from Cambridge and this is the view of Boston from the Cambridge side of the Charles River.

EB222884-39D1-4FA6-ABAD-BDBBDF9A309B.jpeg

Bay Photo floating metal 16x24 print of my Boston skyline photo that I’m donating to a fundraiser for a charity that helps kids with autism. It will be one of the raffle prizes. Chose this photo because many of the fundraiser guests are from Cambridge and this is the view of Boston from the Cambridge side of the Charles River.

View attachment 260280

What a beautiful and heart warming thing to do Sharon, lovely image as well.

View attachment 260280
Good on you! Stunner image.

View attachment 260280
A beauty! Anyone from the area would be tickled to get this as a prize, and even those not from the area should love this.

For one of my more enjoyable birthdays in recent years, I went on an off-road trail with one of my Jeep clubs ("Get Over It Jeep Club"). It's considered a beginner's trail, but there has apparently been quite a bit of erosion so more rock is being exposed. I scraped a rock at one point, but I didn't see any oil on the ground, behind me, and the truck still handled fine so I guess I just hit of the shields underneath. I did see some "road rash" (minor scaring) on one of the wheels while I was airing the tires back up, and a scratch in the paint, but that's expected. Photo is a very mild section of the trail. The trail is in the George Washington National Forest, in the Blue Ridge mountains (part of the Appalachians) in Virginia.

IMG_0110.jpg

This morning I was lucky enough to see the monarch migration as it passed through Eastern Massachusetts. It was amazing. I have way too may photos to cull through. But here is a quick edit on one that shows how they were just all over the trees and fluttering everywhere.
Monarch Migration by SharonCat..., on Flickr

View attachment 260280
The photos is beautiful Sharon.

For one of my more enjoyable birthdays in recent years, I went on an off-road trail with one of my Jeep clubs ("Get Over It Jeep Club"). It's considered a beginner's trail, but there has apparently been quite a bit of erosion so more rock is being exposed. I scraped a rock at one point, but I didn't see any oil on the ground, behind me, and the truck still handled fine so I guess I just hit of the shields underneath. I did see some "road rash" (minor scaring) on one of the wheels while I was airing the tires back up, and a scratch in the paint, but that's expected. Photo is a very mild section of the trail. The trail is in the George Washington National Forest, in the Blue Ridge mountains (part of the Appalachians) in Virginia.

View attachment 260454
Glad you had fun on your birthday, Charlie! Happy birthday!!!

This morning I was lucky enough to see the monarch migration as it passed through Eastern Massachusetts. It was amazing. I have way too may photos to cull through. But here is a quick edit on one that shows how they were just all over the trees and fluttering everywhere.
Monarch Migration by SharonCat..., on Flickr
What an amazing experience that must have been! Good that you had a camera nearby to grab some images. So cool!

Working on crafts for this year's xmas set. Going with a rustic type theme. The backdrop hasn't arrived yet and hopefully it will work. We went to a big box home store and they had 4x4 thick double sided wood textures. Bought 3 and would not fit in the Jeep. SIL picked up and delivered for me. When we were in the parking lot I was looking around to make sure no one was taking phone video of us trying to see it the pieces fit in the car :lol:

The photos is beautiful Sharon.
Thank you Cheryl. I really liked the way it came out. The woman who won it was very happy with it!

What an amazing experience that must have been! Good that you had a camera nearby to grab some images. So cool!
It was the second attempt at catching it! We drove up there last weekend and the winds had shifted and they were gone. This morning was a bit cooler but the winds from last week had died off. It was fun to watch them start to flutter while they warmed up. Then they took little test flights, rearranging themselves on the tree - spreading out in the sun. I was hoping for a mass lift off but they left in twos and threes, probably looking for nectar in the field behind the trees. Harlie and I hiked down there and saw a few on the goldenrod but no groups like there had been in the trees early morning.

Working on crafts for this year's xmas set. Going with a rustic type theme. The backdrop hasn't arrived yet and hopefully it will work. We went to a big box home store and they had 4x4 thick double sided wood textures. Bought 3 and would not fit in the Jeep. SIL picked up and delivered for me. When we were in the parking lot I was looking around to make sure no one was taking phone video of us trying to see it the pieces fit in the car :lol:

Curious what these look like. Would love to see them if you have time later to take a quick snap.

Curious what these look like. Would love to see them if you have time later to take a quick snap.
I bought 3 and they are heavy. With the weight they will stay in place and feel solid. Old barn wood on one side and white slick on the back.

Attachments

• 092622_001.jpg
    092622_001.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 092622_002.jpg
    092622_002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 092622_003.jpg
    092622_003.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 11

Most reactions

New Topics