The Coffee House

I've only seen about 3 episodes of "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel".... we were sponging off someone's Amazon and no longer have access. Is it worthwhile to chase it? 🤔

I'm ready to go get the bivalent booster but, like you, trying to schedule it around bad weather afterwards since I know I'll be dragging ass.... :lol:

I've had 3 COVID shots and DW 4. In addition she gets IVig monthly due to her low immune system, which is also said to include COVID antibodies. It still didn't stop her from catching COVID in September though admittedly it was a very mild case. We both got Flu shots last month, only mild had mild side effects the evening of. Next day we were fine. Supposedly the Flu shots are only around 60% effective, but knock on wood, it's been several years since we've had the Flu. I'm not sure they're telling the truth on the effectiveness of the COVID vacinnes.

I've only seen about 3 episodes of "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel".... we were sponging off someone's Amazon and no longer have access. Is it worthwhile to chase it? 🤔

The first couple of seasons were good, then it got formulaic and.not very funny for me anyway.

Hi all, flooding here. The sea is coming over the defences, I have put the storm boards in place and the sand bags in place and pulled up the drawbridge and buttoned the hatches. Just trying some table top pics.... not bad results but not oh wow. On to the next idea.

We had plans, but between several family, (us included), having the flue and my son back in the hospital, the wife and I just stayed home being thankful that all this will pass, and everyone will come out just fine.

So anyway, I'm about halfway through binge watching Wednesday Adams. I know it's not exactly critically acclaimed, but I like that corny, dry, dark humor.
Hope you and family feel better soon. Two of the grands had strep throat earlier in the week and grandson getting over a cold. We got together since the 2 were on antibiotics. After everyone left we sanitized all the touch surfaces. fingers crossed.

We've been binge watching Wednesday too. It is like an adult version of a classic childhood show. Special effects are very good.

I purposely left the latest season of "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" for tomorrow.
Oh love that series! Love the writing, the acting and the vintage clothing. The first season opening few minutes were all shot in one take with one camera. The camera flying thru the scenes and down the mail drop.

We had a family photo session while the youngest daughter and family were in town. Two hours with a snack break. I took individual, family, kids, a few creative type photos and a few photos for composites.

This was after the posed session before snack break. Told them it was their choice on how to pose. Too bad I cut the head off, I was laughing while shooting.
112522_062wSM.jpg

Flue vaccine 0....Flu 1. Thought I was coming down with a sinus infection. Totally surprised when the Dr told me I tested positive for the Flu. Seems the shot let me down.

Flue vaccine 0....Flu 1. Thought I was coming down with a sinus infection. Totally surprised when the Dr told me I tested positive for the Flu. Seems the shot let me down.
Sorry to hear that smoke. Did your doctor prescribe Tamiflu or a similar product?

Sorry to hear that smoke. Did your doctor prescribe Tamiflu or a similar product?

Started on Tamiflu yesterday. Ran a low fever most of the afternoon, that finally broke about 6, I was able to sleep most of the night. Lots of congestion this morning and groggy, but otherwise maybe better.

Started the teardown of the old pantry closet. I'm not using the As-seen-on-TV sledge hammer, butr rather a regular claw hammer, crowbar, and the occasional cordless jigsaw. Going slow on the right side because of the 110 volt wall switch. The cable going into the rear wall is an abandoned Cable TV feed into the basement; there is a newer one in the living room so I'll rip this one out. The part of the wall directly below the arch will stay, but everything to the right of that goes.

IMG_0194.JPG

Bad week for us, first the Flu diagnoses yesterday for me, now DW just tested positive for COVID again. :madass:

Bad week for us, first the Flu diagnoses yesterday for me, now DW just tested positive for COVID again. :madass:
Ouch. How long ago was her first diagnosis? It can take a month after getting it for test results to come back negative. I home tested after two weeks and was still positive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back