The Coffee House

Ouch. How long ago was her first diagnosis? It can take a month after getting it for test results to come back negative. I home tested after two weeks and was still positive.

She had it first part of September. Started showing symptoms Saturday.

I ended up not watching Mrs Maisel this weekend. I felt fine all day Friday after the COVID booster and flu shot, and the fever hit later at night. On Sat morning, I felt surprisingly good, no fever, so I did some puttering, and then around 12:30 or so, it all kind of hit me again and I slept a good portion of the afternoon. Woke up and still had a fever but got sucked into whatever was already on tv when I woke up.

So I can't say how I like the 3rd season yet, but I loved the first two seasons. @terri It gets better after the first few episodes. It's fun to see her come into her own.

Bad week for us, first the Flu diagnoses yesterday for me, now DW just tested positive for COVID again. :madass:
So very sorry Bill. Hope DW feels better soon. Hope you are on the mend.

MLW and I went to one of the big box/home improvement stores to check on kitchen appliance sizes, and to Daddy's Toys R Us. I was going to get a bandsaw or a lathe, but ended up getting both. Now to get busy in the basement so I can get them set up. I also picked up a set of turning tools (chisels and gouges used to shape the wood on the lathe), a couple pen kits, a pizza cutter kit, and some small pieces of wood. Pic's when everything is put together.

The bank limits the daily amount we can charge against the debit card and we paid most of the property taxes today, so we'll go back tomorrow to order the appliances (oven/stove, dishwasher, fridge).

She had it first part of September. Started showing symptoms Saturday.
So sorry for her. Hoping it's a milder variant.

Thanks @CherylL and @snowbear . Because of DW's low immune system, any infection scares us. She took Paxlovid the first time with great success but for some reason they didn't recommend it this time, and her kidney function is to low for some of the treatments. For now they're treating the symptoms. So far she's doing well.

I'm hopeful that the worst of the flu symptoms are over for me.

MLW has the same issue because of her not having a spleen. A cold for her is like flu for others.

You got that right. Stuff we once picked up for pennies, now brings $$$ especially in adult sizes.

Love the pup shot. Good match
Try the head of the drama club at your local HS or middle school. You could offer to trade taking some social media advertising photos for their next show in exchange for access to their costume and prop inventory.

Afternoon everyone hope alls well, still have my bad cough that is knocking me for 6. So I give you an Elephant taken with the X-T5.

Elephant by Rohan, on Flickr
Oh the xt5! Already! Wow you are certainly Johnny on the spot. How do you like
Thanks @CherylL and @snowbear . Because of DW's low immune system, any infection scares us. She took Paxlovid the first time with great success but for some reason they didn't recommend it this time, and her kidney function is to low for some of the treatments. For now they're treating the symptoms. So far she's doing well.

I'm hopeful that the worst of the flu symptoms are over for me.
I had it twice and took Paxlovid both times. They did check my kidney blood work that had been taken for a recent surgery before approving the second time around.

Glad to hear she’s doing well.

Have seen the first couple of seasons of Mrs Maisel but not the last one or two. This weekend I watched Magpie Murders on PBS and enjoyed that a lot. It was a who done it weekend as we also saw the new Knives Out movie which I really liked. Still not buying Daniel Craig with a southern drawl but it was less annoying this time around.

Smoke, sorry to hear that, hope you're both better.

Rick, what was your son in the hospital for?

I'm finally getting in-home therapy/nurse visits (finally, don't any agencies answer the phone or return calls?), supposed to be able to get a flu shot thru them, not sure about this latest Covid booster. Not that I'm around anybody to catch anything. Having been a teacher I got other immunizations, HepB, Tetanus, etc. and did fine with the other Covid shots.

Coming along slowly but surely after months of rehab. Had to reschedule seeing the kidney Dr. (long story), going in a couple of weeks. l seem to have a fountain flowing. Never expected to recover this well from kidney problems due to the evil Metformin/Lisinipril combo that caused the whole thing.

Cheryl, I love Quincy! The expression (or lack thereof, so deadpan!) cracks me up. Looks like the kids were having fun.

Try the head of the drama club at your local HS or middle school. You could offer to trade taking some social media advertising photos for their next show in exchange for access to their costume and prop inventory.

Oh the xt5! Already! Wow you are certainly Johnny on the spot. How do you like

I had it twice and took Paxlovid both times. They did check my kidney blood work that had been taken for a recent surgery before approving the second time around.

Glad to hear she’s doing well.

Have seen the first couple of seasons of Mrs Maisel but not the last one or two. This weekend I watched Magpie Murders on PBS and enjoyed that a lot. It was a who done it weekend as we also saw the new Knives Out movie which I really liked. Still not buying Daniel Craig with a southern drawl but it was less annoying this time around.

I like the X-T5 very much as it is lighter than the X-T4 that I had a few years ago, went for the Silver one this time. The shutter sound is beautiful if I say so my self and it is a joy to use, while I'm still getting over the nasty cough the weather here has been very wet and windy so have not really had a chance to get out with it yet.

Smoke, sorry to hear your wife caught Covid again, I hope she just has a mild version, also hope you get over the flu soon.

Rick, what was your son in the hospital for?
He has leukemia, had a bone marrow transplant this summer and now the transplanted immune system and his body are at war with each other. Officially called graft vs. host disease. they believe he can be discharged in another week or 2 once they get everything back in balance.

He has leukemia, had a bone marrow transplant this summer and now the transplanted immune system and his body are at war with each other. Officially called graft vs. host disease. they believe he can be discharged in another week or 2 once they get everything back in balance.
That is rough, Rick - so sorry to hear about your son's illness. Hope he gets stabilized soon for a discharge back home. :heartpump:

🍄

Cool shot.... Think I seem em before myself... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back