The Coffee House

He has leukemia, had a bone marrow transplant this summer and now the transplanted immune system and his body are at war with each other. Officially called graft vs. host disease. they believe he can be discharged in another week or 2 once they get everything back in balance.

That's tough under the best of circumstances. Almost 5 yrs ago DW went through an autologous stem cell transplant (her own). It took 6 weeks in hospital and almost a year more for her to recover. I'm assuming since there's an immune graft issues that your son had an allogeneic stem cell transplantation (donor). I remember the trials patients on the floor faced, as day after day as we did our daily walks during her recovery. Our prayers of strength and healing go out to your son and prayers of comfort to you and his mother.

Sorry to hear that @Rickbb. In our thoughts.

He has leukemia, had a bone marrow transplant this summer and now the transplanted immune system and his body are at war with each other. Officially called graft vs. host disease. they believe he can be discharged in another week or 2 once they get everything back in balance.

"Liking" that your son will be home soon.

Sorry to hear this Rick, well wishes, thoughts, and prayers for your son.

Rick, I didn't realize what was going on with your son, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope he'll be heading home soon.

I was out of the loop this summer, in the world of dialysis and therapy and naps. On a floor with a bunch of 80 somethings, not the rehab unit (it was full), in the world of - is it time to eat? can I get my medicine yet? is there bingo this afternoon? Glad I had a laptop. And earbuds.

Hey Dave, I forgot you have a Ricoh. I have the GXR, and a spare. What an oddball camera it is, I love it. They quit making them some time ago so I got an extra body and 'units' (that slide in and have different lens mounts) while they were still making them. As much as anything got it to use with my rangefinder lenses.

My first camera was a Ricoh Singlex II, still have it but got dropped on concrete in a hockey rink twice and the second time about did it in! Might tinker with repairing it someday but probably not worth the trouble. Kind of like when there were metal bumpers on cars and people would hammer out the dings, that's about what the lens on it needs! lol

@Rickbb sorry to hear about your son’s illness. I hope he is able to go home soon.

This girl says hi!
CFB59F90-D7AE-41A0-8046-FCCE1B2ACFB8.jpeg

Chinese SPAM!!!
ARRGGHH...

Most reactions

Back