The Coffee House

Hi all, just back from mums. Waved to self going other way on M27.
mum goes into hosp on friday so multiple trips back and forth. Did a test run to hospital... got lost, found hospital, got very lost, found pub, then found way home. Left my home at 9ish this morning just got in 15.30 gmt. Don’t feel up to taking a walk with dogs and camera now. Oh well. Hi to all hope you are all ok

Hi back, katomi! Sounds like this week is going to be busy for you. Hope your mom is okay!

Maybe get the dogs and camera out for a walk later this week. :)

Hi all, just back from mums. Waved to self going other way on M27.
mum goes into hosp on friday so multiple trips back and forth. Did a test run to hospital... got lost, found hospital, got very lost, found pub, then found way home. Left my home at 9ish this morning just got in 15.30 gmt. Don’t feel up to taking a walk with dogs and camera now. Oh well. Hi to all hope you are all ok
Maybe get the dogs and camera out for a walk later this week. :)
Or take the dogs and camera out to the pub.

9 days later and hopefully we're over the worst that Covid (DW) and the Flu (ME) could throw at us. Still dealing with some congestion, cough and fatigue issues, but nothing compared to this past week.

9 days later and hopefully we're over the worst that Covid (DW) and the Flu (ME) could throw at us. Still dealing with some congestion, cough and fatigue issues, but nothing compared to this past week.
Glad to hear that, Smoke. I just got my 2nd booster, this time it was the Moderna bivalent. All my other ones have been Pfizer. The Moderna knocked me down for a full 2 days. Woke up with chattering teeth, then sweats - really caught me off guard!

I know I'll be compliant about Covid boosters, but dang I don't think I want Moderna again!

Glad to hear that, Smoke. I just got my 2nd booster, this time it was the Moderna bivalent. All my other ones have been Pfizer. The Moderna knocked me down for a full 2 days. Woke up with chattering teeth, then sweats - really caught me off guard!

I know I'll be compliant about Covid boosters, but dang I don't think I want Moderna again!
Reactions to the vaxes--Covid&flu--seem highly idiosyncratic. For me, just a sore arm or 36hr sub-lethal hangover-ish reactions at the extremes. This aside, they work. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:
@terri strange how the vaccines affect people differently. I've had 3 Moderna with no side effects at all. DW's had 3 Moderna shots and 2 Moderna boosters with no side effects. So far I haven't had COVID that I'm aware of, but she got it the first of September, then again last week.

The Flu shot made me feel a little sluggish that night, but Next day I was fine. Now 60 days later I get the Flu. We aren't very lucky with vaccinations this year.

Glad to see you’re both feeling better.
@terri strange how the vaccines affect people differently. I've had 3 Moderna with no side effects at all. DW's had 3 Moderna shots and 2 Moderna boosters with no side effects. So far I haven't had COVID that I'm aware of, but she got it the first of September, then again last week.

The Flu shot made me feel a little sluggish that night, but Next day I was fine. Now 60 days later I get the Flu. We aren't very lucky with vaccinations this year.
Likely dodged a bullet with lesser illnesses than you would have had without any vaccines. At least that’s what I tell myself after having two “mild” cases of Covid.

This is good news, keep up whatever it is that is helping you guys.

Likely dodged a bullet with lesser illnesses than you would have had without any vaccines. At least

That was the case with the Flu. It was mostly bearable, but with DW this round of COVID was much worse than the first round in September.

That was the case with the Flu. It was mostly bearable, but with DW this round of COVID was much worse than the first round in September.
I'm so sorry about that. I keep reminding myself of what we used to explain to patients (I was in healthcare management for 20-odd years, mostly primary care): "medicine is not an exact science." True enough, but it annoys people when they are the ones with bad reactions or a less than desirable outcome. ;)

I did great with Pfizer: sore arm and a little sluggish. The Moderna made me appreciate that I DO NOT WANT to catch any variant of Covid; that's some nasty stuff.

And @SquarePeg is correct: these vaccines won't prevent the virus, just give your body a real leg up on knocking it out faster.

In other news, it looks like the spammers have hit FB now. A local group page I belong to is being bombarded by "new members' posting all kinds of fake deaths of celebrities. I counted over two dozen in the last couple hours. I just don't get how they get any gratification from being such a PITA.

The holiday sickness is going around. I'm on day 6 and I think I'm on the mend. It was worth having the family here for Thanksgiving. Two were sick and two were getting over what they had. I took 2 covid tests and negative, so that is a relief.

@smoke665, Bill I hope you and and your wife are on the mend too.

@CherylL day 9 for us, and I hope we've turned the corner. Still dealing with fatigue 😩

Most reactions

Back