The Coffee House

I’m hopeful that my immunity from the recent bout of Covid (end of October) and last booster (two days before the Covid!) will get me through the holidays!

Sadly I have not picked up my camera since early October. I’m having a motivational crisis. I’ve been concentrating on other things - fall garden projects, refinishing some furniture that has been long overdue and trying to get back into painting. Right now I’m watching more tutorials than actually painting anything so that’s a bust too. But, I’ve committed to a couple of holiday photo outings with my New England photo group to force myself to get back out there. Bought tickets for Sturbridge Village candlelight Christmas and for Tower Hill Botanical Gardens Festival of Lights.

hopeful that my immunity from the recent bout of Covid (end of October) and last booster (two days before the Covid!) will get me through the holidays!

That's what's crazy about these viruses, there's only sporadic immunity. Some people get it multiple times, some people never get it.

Look how crazy tall this amaryllis is! Soda can for scale. First time growing one. Are they usually so tall?
C5471E56-7724-428F-AC21-46D8163942DA.jpeg

Made it to Philly. I wasn’t on the Acela service but the train was running about 120, except through the urban areas (Baltimore, Wilmington).

Geogeek workshop tomorrow, then back home on the train tomorrow evening.

I’ll put the POTM voting thread up tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. I packed light and didn’t bring the laptop.

Look how crazy tall this amaryllis is! Soda can for scale. First time growing one. Are they usually so tall?
View attachment 262100
An elderly friend gave me one for xmas one year. 2 months later I didn't think it was going to bloom. Came home from her funeral and it bloomed.

View attachment 262100
My mom sent me a trilogy of these a few years ago. One of them stayed on the shorter side but the other two shot up into the air like this. Gorgeous! Needed a little staking at the end, but they were lots of fun. :)

I’m hopeful that my immunity from the recent bout of Covid (end of October) and last booster (two days before the Covid!) will get me through the holidays!

Sadly I have not picked up my camera since early October. I’m having a motivational crisis. I’ve been concentrating on other things - fall garden projects, refinishing some furniture that has been long overdue and trying to get back into painting. Right now I’m watching more tutorials than actually painting anything so that’s a bust too. But, I’ve committed to a couple of holiday photo outings with my New England photo group to force myself to get back out there. Bought tickets for Sturbridge Village candlelight Christmas and for Tower Hill Botanical Gardens Festival of Lights.
Aw, I don't think you're suffering from lack of motivation. Sounds like you're just allowing yourself time to turn to other interests, legitimate interests and projects. Nothing wrong with that! I

'm looking forward to seeing some of your new WC work. I have finally gotten my art supplies unpacked and in kind of an order, but I won't really know until I actually set up and try to paint something - anything, really. I want to be able to reach out a hand and grab what I need. So many other areas to attend to (including darkroom/photography equipment!) that it's been hard to focus on a single thing. :)

My mom sent me a trilogy of these a few years ago. One of them stayed on the shorter side but the other two shot up into the air like this. Gorgeous! Needed a little staking at the end, but they were lots of fun. :)
You read my mind. Was just thinking I should both weigh down the really light pot and try to stake the stalk! I can imagine it leaning toward the sun and toppling over.
Aw, I don't think you're suffering from lack of motivation. Sounds like you're just allowing yourself time to turn to other interests, legitimate interests and projects. Nothing wrong with that! I

'm looking forward to seeing some of your new WC work. I have finally gotten my art supplies unpacked and in kind of an order, but I won't really know until I actually set up and try to paint something - anything, really. I want to be able to reach out a hand and grab what I need. So many other areas to attend to (including darkroom/photography equipment!) that it's been hard to focus on a single thing. :)
Moving households is very time consuming and stressful. It’s good that you can take your time. I get what you mean about not knowing until you paint something. It’s hard to mentally inventory all you need. There are so many little things that you don’t think twice about when you’re using them.

In my case I'm pretty sure it's lack of motivation. I just don't seem to be excited about doing anything over the last few weeks. Maybe it's the weather, time change, age, sickness, or just plain lazy, I don't know, but it stinks.

Guess it's why I like my little Fuji + Ricoh kit so much--pocketable. Really dislike lugging a DSLR bag once cooler weather dictates heavy coats. Smaller, lighter gear has built-in motivation.

In my case I'm pretty sure it's lack of motivation. I just don't seem to be excited about doing anything over the last few weeks. Maybe it's the weather, time change, age, sickness, or just plain lazy, I don't know, but it stinks.
That sounds like the kind of funk that we can all go through, as photographers/artists, and it's also true that the onset of winter weather can be depressing. :( Plus, you both have been sick and that's just exhausting by itself.

I could call you many things ;) but lazy would never be one of them!

I have had my 4th covid jab , like others I don’t want to have covid again still don’t have sense of smell back to normal
Did some table top photography using the remains of a poppy seal head skeleton.. not happy with result not enough DOF and I am not into focus stacking.

I have had my 4th covid jab , like others I don’t want to have covid again still don’t have sense of smell back to normal
Did some table top photography using the remains of a poppy seal head skeleton.. not happy with result not enough DOF and I am not into focus stacking.
Unless you're a fanatic about detail/gear you can buy a focus rail for less than $50 that takes the hassle out of focus stacking

Hi Smoke, I have a rail that I use, but I never had good results with the software. To honest, I am not going to bother that much I will try something else. Took mum to hosp this morning for a 10 am GMT appointment at 16 30 she was still waiting. It’s meant to be day surger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back