The Coffee House

@vintagesnaps I had to Google it as well, but I remember the scene now. From Wikipedia- The Exorcist steps are concrete stairs, continuing 36th Street,[1] descending from the corner of Prospect St and 36th St NW, down to a small parking lot, set back from the intersection of M Street NW, Canal Rd NW, and Whitehurst Freeway NW in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., famous for being featured in the 1973 film The Exorcist. The steps were built in 1895 during construction of the adjacent Capital Traction Company Barn for cable cars,[1] serving as a lightwell and public right of way. Before the Exorcist association, the stairs were informally called "Hitchcock steps"[2] for famed suspense and horror film director Alfred Hitchcock.[3]

Yep - that's them. Google Maps.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 082843.png

We were expecting snow followed by rain yesterday. Got about 2-3 inches of snow! The pups were happy as could be. It was a very pretty snow and I should have gone out with my camera but instead I spent time at a puppy play date and then with Princess getting new tires for her car. Priorities!

Harlie and her pal Winston who lives a few houses over. He’s just a pup but won’t get much bigger than this. He’s super fiesty and tires out Harlie who is almost 4 now so less of a puppy lately and more of a sleeping beauty.

98813BA7-D214-4AAA-9559-C40F9EBBDACC.jpeg

I have just finished making a latch hook rug.
It’s been given the seal of approval…

Attachments

• E0ACFBDD-3B3B-4526-B8A9-57011AFB019E.jpeg
    E0ACFBDD-3B3B-4526-B8A9-57011AFB019E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 358E41C4-E5B1-44CD-8019-92D583239190.jpeg
    358E41C4-E5B1-44CD-8019-92D583239190.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • CC0F7863-33AB-4DBD-9529-FC04208FD6EF.jpeg
    CC0F7863-33AB-4DBD-9529-FC04208FD6EF.jpeg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 24AE2C73-7F81-41E7-9984-C1B0A26BB482.jpeg
    24AE2C73-7F81-41E7-9984-C1B0A26BB482.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
The images are in reverse order. Should be cat and brown dog
Cat black dog
Cay on his own

Finishing up the backsplash today, though we are going to contract for a small additional piece of wall to add. We also need to add the electrical outlet for the stove: the original was hard-wired directly to the circuit and the new one is plug in (though it's a 60-amp cable). They didn't know, and we certainy didn't know. It'll take a few days for the paperwork to be drawn up, signed, and the additional work to be done.

At least we have a microwave.

Finishing up the backsplash today, though we are going to contract for a small additional piece of wall to add. We also need to add the electrical outlet for the stove: the original was hard-wired directly to the circuit and the new one is plug in (though it's a 60-amp cable). They didn't know, and we certainy didn't know. It'll take a few days for the paperwork to be drawn up, signed, and the additional work to be done.

At least we have a microwave.
Geez - delays! The things you find updating these older houses can really keep you guessing!

Get those Stouffer's TV dinners ready! I like mac & cheese.

It's actually gone pretty well. There was a delay in the middle while we had one electrician do the prep work - upgrading the service and breaker box, and another when the counter wasn't delivered as expected to the cutter.

At one point we had the chimney guys here at the same time as the countertop installer. We'll probably start painting next weekend. I'm pulling for this particular shade of white. :1219:
IMG_E0327[1].JPG

The backsplash is in place but we are going to add the extension at the end of the counter as well as getting the “coffee station” done. It’s about six square feet, total.

MLW wants a bright white on the window trim and has agreed to “Polar Bear” for the walls and ceiling, which is a slightly warmer tone. We will try to paint this weekend.

D7B856AE-BEDD-47F3-8B0C-CE05D384A10D.jpeg

Offhand, I'd guess a setting in either Windows / OSX, or the HP app that was installed with the mouse. A quick search shows these are still available (though not for HP) so the app may still be available.
Much thanks, I'll look into it!

2023-01-20 10:20

I decided to edit this post instead of adding another. This computer is Windows 8.1 which just went off "support" this week. I don't think that factored into the problem. I played with the mouse resolution in the "Control Panel". It had been so long since I had made changes to this computer I actually forgot that the "Control Panel" even existed. Wow, years! Mostly the problem is resolved. I just reduced the mouse/pointer resolution. I am still getting occasion locking up, but it's overall much like the way I had it working before.

Hopefully nothing new will go wrong. . . .

Last edited:
Much thanks, I'll look into it!

2023-01-20 10:20

I decided to edit this post instead of adding another. This computer is Windows 8.1 which just went off "support" this week. I don't think that factored into the problem. I played with the mouse resolution in the "Control Panel". It had been so long since I had made changes to this computer I actually forgot that the "Control Panel" even existed. Wow, years! Mostly the problem is resolved. I just reduced the mouse/pointer resolution. I am still getting occasion locking up, but it's overall much like the way I had it working before.

Hopefully nothing new will go wrong. . . .
I updated to Win 11 on my laptop - mixed feelings about it.
Is the mose wired or wireless? If wireless, that may be a contributing factor.

The backsplash is in place but we are going to add the extension at the end of the counter as well as getting the “coffee station” done. It’s about six square feet, total.

MLW wants a bright white on the window trim and has agreed to “Polar Bear” for the walls and ceiling, which is a slightly warmer tone. We will try to paint this weekend.

View attachment 263177

Looks great!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back