The Coffee House

Thought the group might enjoy this. Berry College isn't far frome us in Rome, GA. I've spent way to much time watching the Eagle Cam. Berry College Eagles Nest Cam 2
I love it - most of the time. Just now, when I clicked on a big eagle had apparently just returned with lunch - two dead squirrels in the nest.

I bowed out before watching him shred them. :icon_puke_r:

:lol:

@terri sometimes life isn't pretty 🙄 the little Bobble Head was amazing.

The view in the nest reminds me, I need to take the pooper scooper around the side of the house and scoop up the dismembered rabbit that some bird or beast of prey left lying around, before it warms up...

Apparently the provider is proficient…there are 3 squirrels 🐿️ there now!
I miscounted! :biglaugh:

He's just sitting there, letting the Southern wind ruffle his feathers while the carrion starts to rot.

I missed the bloodiest guy at the bottom of the screen earlier. Went to show the eagle cam to the hubby and he pointed him out. Icky.

Watch out guys the eagle cam is highly addictive LOL I've had all three cams up most of the day.

Last edited:
This time of year I don't get out and shoot. I use this time to clean up files & backups. Done with that and now watching tutorials. Have a few ideas for the pups. It is child photography, but the pups are kids right? I saw a quote the other day "pets are the new children and plants are the new pets".

Hi all popped in this morning, Uk time, but the site was full of spam. Just over mums to take her shopping. Spent some of the time sat on the shop floor with a nose bleed. Oh so embarrassing all the fuss, but shopping done. Just having a cuppa and staying with mum untill some rep has been to see her, not sure what they are trying to sale.

This time of year I don't get out and shoot. I use this time to clean up files & backups. Done with that and now watching tutorials. Have a few ideas for the pups. It is child photography, but the pups are kids right? I saw a quote the other day "pets are the new children and plants are the new pets".

1674845710805.jpeg

Kind of hard to think of Biloxi as beautiful, having been there for work a few times.
I can find beauty just about anywhere. I was there for the Blessing of the Fleet and really enjoyed the fresh seafood and pomp as the fishing season kicked off officially. My most vivid memory though was trudging back to base on a Friday night ( really very early Saturday morning ) along the beach because I had spent all my money I had taken with me and couldn’t afford a taxi😏, not sure if it was the deep sand or that last beer that made it so hard walking and hearing this alluring female voice from the darkness saying “ Don’t you know you might get raped walking alone this time of night?” and later learning this was a typical way airmen were lured off the beach into the waiting male accomplice who would then rob them of anything valuable. My hairs still stand on the back of my neck thinking about it 40+ years later.

Most reactions

Back