The Coffee House

Hosers! Saw Hamilton tonight. It lived up to the hype. Had seen the recorded live version on Disney+ last year and enjoyed that. Highly recommend watching that if you can’t see the live show! I was lucky that my friend’s bf couldn’t go so I scored his ticket. ☘️☘️☘️
You're so lucky! I'm happy for you, it's been a hot ticket for a long time. I've never watched the recorded version, mainly because I don't have Disney +. :lol:

Good to know it lived up to your expectations!

Why the HELL did they suddenly crank the heat up to 11 in this building? IT IS 50 DEGREES OTUSIDE. THIS IS NEW YORK. IF YOU ARE COLD, MOVE TO GODDAMN FLORIDA.
I'm in ancient buildings in Toronto, most stone with rads=high dry heat or dungeon-like cold. Ultra-low humidity leaves you fearful of looking like Ramses II's mummy after an office day.
Why the HELL did they suddenly crank the heat up to 11 in this building? IT IS 50 DEGREES OTUSIDE. THIS IS NEW YORK. IF YOU ARE COLD, MOVE TO GODDAMN FLORIDA.

I'm in ancient buildings in Toronto, most stone with rads=high dry heat or dungeon-like cold. Ultra-low humidity leaves you fearful of looking like Ramses II's mummy after an office day.

I could deal with too cold any day of the week. That's what sweaters are for. And normally, I am used to it being a bit too warm for me, but I am lucky enough to have a window and most of the time, that solves the issue for me.

But inexplicably, the outside temp is warmer than it's been in the past week or so, but they have the heat set as if it's below freezing. I opened the window but it's not cold enough or breezy enough to make a difference. So now I have my fan on.

It's lunacy, I tells ya.

I could deal with too cold any day of the week. That's what sweaters are for. And normally, I am used to it being a bit too warm for me, but I am lucky enough to have a window and most of the time, that solves the issue for me.

But inexplicably, the outside temp is warmer than it's been in the past week or so, but they have the heat set as if it's below freezing. I opened the window but it's not cold enough or breezy enough to make a difference. So now I have my fan on.

It's lunacy, I tells ya.

I don't wear jewelry, very often, but I couldn't resist picking up three of these. One is for MLW, one goes into the collection cabinet, and I decided to try and wear the last one, Surprisingly, it fits on my fat wrist.

Untitled by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Today was "Happy Gotcha Day" for Phoebe. Mom baked her special "Pup Cakes" and she got a new squeaky toy to add to her collection. One year ago we brought home a timid, scared little girl who was afraid of everything and didn't know what play or toys were. It was touch and go at first, but day by day she has evolved into a beautiful soul.

I remember you talking about her, for a minute there I couldn't think who Phoebe was and thought it was a kid not a dog! lol

Leo if I could send you some cold I would, it's freezing here. Below freezing. I wouldn't care but have been sick enough with respiratory stuff and another drop from 50 to 20 is causing havoc with asthma etc. Since rehab I'm on home health care and am now on more meds, the nurse got me a whole box of goodies incl. saline to snort up each nostril.

Hey Sharon have you been to Dunkin to get Beanpot donuts?? They're a sponsor this year. I'm just looking forward to watching the game next Mon. Thank goodness for the cable sports package adding NESN!

Hey Sharon have you been to Dunkin to get Beanpot donuts?? They're a sponsor this year. I'm just looking forward to watching the game next Mon. Thank goodness for the cable sports package adding NESN!
No Dunks for me. I don't drink coffee (step away from the keyboard limr and take some deep breaths) and I'm always dieting so no donuts either! I'd rather spend my calories on a cocktail with dinner!

My daughter's school's hockey team is doing well this year. They were ranked #11 I believe but they lost to Northeastern in the battle for first place in Hockey East about a week ago.

remember you talking about her, for a minute there I couldn't think who Phoebe was and thought it was a kid not a dog! lol

She's our kid.......Furkid. LOL We lost Sadie unexpectedly to an unknown heart issue in 2021. She was supposed to be our last, but then we got a call ftom the American Brittany Rescue, SE Director about an owner surrender. Two weeks later Phoebe became a new member of the family.

Hosers! We are expecting negative temps Friday and Saturday here in New England. Possible -12°F on Saturday morning. It is sea smoke and frozen soap bubble weather!! Not sure if I’ll venture out for the sea smoke. Will depend on if I can find a target that I can shoot from or close to the car. The soap bubbles I can do on the deck and pop in and out to warm up.

Most reactions

Back