The Coffee House

On the news, Mt Washington sets record for coldest place on the planet. Mount Washington as cold as Mars with record-breaking wind chills of 110 below
I follow them on Instagram - the MWOBS. Great photos of frozen trees and sunrises above the clouds! They posted yesterday that the record had been broken before nightfall for their location but I haven’t seen anything about this yet!

Have you ever been up there? I went up once in early September - we drove up. It was already in the 30’s up there and it was high 79’s at ground level.

The latest from MWOBS
CE9A3A47-F999-4DBB-9B78-7BD2A1E017A7.jpeg

The crazies were out! Some of my New England photographer friends.
A90CF2F7-CC6C-4BCD-89D3-039A599B7B34.jpeg

And one from my absolute favorite local landscape shooter
8ACB2075-D8DB-4D7F-915E-E87C080FA7FB.jpeg

I know they’re not my photos but I left the authors are clearly identified so I hope it’s OK in coffeehouse forum but if anyone has an issue with it I’ll delete. If you’re not already following Ben on Facebook and Instagram, you should be.

The crazies were out!
Me and my camera have a deal, I don't expose it to temperatures below 32 degrees or above 95. In return, it agrees to not crap out on me. I've also found that as good as it is the shake reduction cannot overcome the shake from shivering or chattering teeth. :lol:

Me and my camera have a deal, I don't expose it to temperatures below 32 degrees or above 95. In return, it agrees to not crap out on me. I've also found that as good as it is the shake reduction cannot overcome the shake from shivering or chattering teeth. :lol:
But the real fun is a dead battery. Can't release the battery door with gloved hands, so bare fingers quickly lose sensation. The battery then pops out and its weight drives it deep into snow bank...

But the real fun is a dead battery. Can't release the battery door with gloved hands, so bare fingers quickly lose sensation. The battery then pops out and its weight drives it deep into snow bank...
One of my friends went out in the middle of the night last year to take Milky Way photos in early March and it was freezing out. He got his shots and when he went to go back to the car, his key fob, which had been in his camera bag, was frozen and it took him an hour to warm it up enough to get his car opened so he could get inside and start it. He was so worried about keeping his camera batteries warm in his pockets that he forgot about the key fob.

We had planned to pay a visit to the orange home improvement chain (the blue one consistently pisses off MLW and me) but decided not to. Nothing we can't get later, or order online. Also, instead of messing with the pipe or whatever it is that MLW tripped over, today she is finishing up the Kilz primer in the kitchen while I put together tool number 2. Pics when it's done.

We had planned to pay a visit to the orange home improvement chain (the blue one consistently pisses off MLW and me) but decided not to. Nothing we can't get later, or order online. Also, instead of messing with the pipe or whatever it is that MLW tripped over, today she is finishing up the Kilz primer in the kitchen while I put together tool number 2. Pics when it's done.
Home decor = Blue. (Blinds, light fixtures, paint)
DIY = Orange. (Construction materials)

Two out of three done: bandsaw.

IMG_0342.JPGIMG_0343.JPG

Home decor = Blue. (Blinds, light fixtures, paint)
DIY = Orange. (Construction materials)
Not quite: the stores' main color in logos. Home Depot (Orange), Lowe's (Blue). Ultimately they are not much different, though HD carries the cordless tools that prefer while Lowe's carries my preferred hand tools (mainly automotive).

The bigger power tools (lathe & bandsaw) come from a place called Woodcraft. My kids called it "DTRU" (Daddy's Toys R Us) when they were younger. SIL got the table saw (Big tool #3) off Amazon though I think both b]big box stores carry that line.

Evening all thought I'd check in, having good days and some not so good but it is to be expected.
Hiya, Dave! Yes, the ups and downs of recovery. Glad you're checking in with us, but it's more important to take care of yourself. Get well soon!

Long day today. DW had her 6 month checkup at Emory in Atlanta. Everything still good, which is always what we want, but that drive through Atlanta doesn't get any easier, traffic is horrendous.

Most reactions

Back