The Coffee House

Long day today. DW had her 6 month checkup at Emory in Atlanta. Everything still good, which is always what we want, but that drive through Atlanta doesn't get any easier, traffic is horrendous.
Good news on your wife's checkup. I can only imagine traffic in a large city like Atlanta. I drove thru Chicago on a Sunday morning years ago and it was terrible.

Glad to hear DW's checkup was good. I can relate to traffic being in one of the near-in subs of DC.

Today and tomorrow is the Fed geo-geek fest, I mean the Esri Federal GIS Conference. Some users from MD and VA state and local governments go, especially those that can't send people to the bug conference in San Diego. As usual, I commute on the subway.

Oh gee looks like more rain here. Just what we need 😒

Today I resealed the shower. Two hours of digging the old stuff out and 15 minutes of resealing. I enjoy doing this, but it is getting harder to sit and scrape for that long.
Yesterday I made the grands a banana cake from scratch.
Think I'm done for the week!

@CherylL if I sit I better have something to hang onto or I'm not getting up anymore!
One of the reasons I take my hiking poles when I’m out landscape shooting! My knees and back are cranky.
Every morning after my stretches I stand up without using my hands. Some mornings I can't if my knee is acting up. Started doing this about 7 years ago. At first I had to use a knee or hand to stand up.

Every morning after my stretches I stand up without using my hands. Some mornings I can't if my knee is acting up. Started doing this about 7 years ago. At first I had to use a knee or hand to stand up.
At one time I could, but years of abuse on the joints, and now arthritis, have taken a toll on the knees, hands, elbows, hips.........pretty much everywere. The brain still thinks I'm 21, but the brain's, been crazy for years. :bouncingsmileys:

Opened another bottle of my 2022 batch of Fig wine tonight. I'm not a big wine enthusiast but this is getting better with each passing day. 😉

Opened another bottle of my 2022 batch of Fig wine tonight. I'm not a big wine enthusiast but this is getting better with each passing day. 😉
Drink up. I read yesterday that 2 drinks/day can help prevent dementia.

Long night for us. Just after midnight I was awakened by strange noises from DW. Got up to find her unresponsive and in the midst of a Grand Mal Seizure. Training kicked in, rolled her to a recovery position and called 911. By the time they got to us she was starting to come around, but extremely confused. Transported to ER where they ran all the usual tests heart, lungs and blood, fortunately she continued to improve rapidly. No idea why she had the seizure, sent us home with instructions to follow up with her Doctor, and come back if she has another one.😒 Got back to the house at 7, but to wired to sleep. She had a mild one a few years ago, nothing like this one.

Most reactions

Back