the ColorMunki Photo Color Management

thebutler4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I Have ordered the ColorMunki and have a question about it.

Does it just adjust the colors in software like Photoshop or does it do it to the entire Windows display environment (I don't know how to make that make sense lol)? I ask because I am a huge online gamer in WoW and would like to know if its going to make the game too dark or what not.

once you profile your monitor, it is probably going to look darker since most of us run ou screen way too bright.

just adjust the brightness and contrast of your games afterwards. (in the game options not on the monitor)

and....WoW :thumbdown: really?

For calibrating/profiling just a computer display, the ColorMunki is overkill.

The ColorMunki's usefulness is that it is a spectrophotometer and can calibrate/profile output devices too, like a printer, scanner, and projector.

The much less expensive Eye 1 - Display 2 colorimeter is what most print labs recommend if you only need to calibrate/profile a computer display.

Well I agree its over kill IMO however it is required for one of my Classes in Photography.

Ok so it will change everything in and out of PhotoShop than? ..

No, it will only calibrate the display/printer/scanner/projector it is used on.

Just read and follow the instructions/user manual that will come with the device.

Last edited:
Well I agree its over kill IMO however it is required for one of my Classes in Photography.

Ok so it will change everything in and out of PhotoShop than? ..

Yes. It will physically alter your display which will effect all software that you run (for the better).

It will also profile your display and make that information available to Photoshop -- Photoshop will use that profile info to display your photos.

Joe

All I have to say is WOW!! its amazing when I am looking at photos that I edited before I calibrated and now .. OMG! my photos SUCK! .. hahaha .. What I thought was good ends up not so good. I thought it was going to make my monitor darker however quite the opposite .. it made is brighter .. now I have to go edit all my pictures again ..

Best spent $299.00 I have made to my Photography endeavor .. :)

All I have to say is WOW!! its amazing when I am looking at photos that I edited before I calibrated and now .. OMG! my photos SUCK! .. hahaha .. What I thought was good ends up not so good. I thought it was going to make my monitor darker however quite the opposite .. it made is brighter .. now I have to go edit all my pictures again ..

Best spent $299.00 I have made to my Photography endeavor .. :)

I was lucky enought that my uncalibrated monitor was not that much off. After calibration, only small details and small brightness change made a big difference.

LOL! I can not get over this .. Its just amazing .. and I can clearly see what others are saying about pictures they C&C .. where as before I had to look really hard at time to see what people where talking about. Just amazing .. I cant wait to get this done on my HD screen on the laptop.

Most reactions

Back