The Commute

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm taking a photo class this quarter, and our first project is due on Monday. The theme is "place." I have to find a place that is meaningful to me and take 6 photos within a 10 foot space. I wanted to show aspects of the commuting life, given that I have commuted every day for the last 3 years to school.

Briefly, I wanted to communicate feelings of commuting (e.g., feeling alone despite being surrounded by hundreds of people, transience of interactions ...) with the first three photos, and the moments of beauty that present themselves if we take a second to look around (the last three photos, which reminded me of the night sky). I'll attach the six photos below. Does the order of the photos make sense to you, given the story I wanted to convey? Any other comments are welcome. Thanks!

Entry by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

Preoccupied by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

Transience by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

Highway by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

The Night Sky by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

up and away by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

They are very nice photographs, but I don't get "commuting".

#3 is nice

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, #3 is the best of the bunch.

thanks for the feedback. I have to keep all 6 for the assignment, but I definitely agree that 3 is my favorite as well. I literally had one second to take out my camera and get that shot, haha. I'm glad I did!

Number 3 is my favorite as well. I like number 1 also, but would like to see it a little wider.

Most reactions

Back