The Cottonwoods

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
800-cottonwoods-8862-64-w-v2.jpg

Nice simple composition in this one abraxas - I'm a big fan of these polarised skies.

Very good - daithi

Very strange what going on with this shot? Was there a resent fire at this location? I’m guessing you did some type of post processing. The tree trunk looks over dodged. IMO The tree and foreground have an old timee colorized look but the sky has a more model camera look to it

Another great capture abraxas. Nice colors and a very interesting subject. I love the trees in the background too.

Nice simple composition in this one abraxas - I'm a big fan of these polarised skies.

Very good - daithi

Nice one! I love the colors.

Thanks- I had some fun with this one.

Very strange what going on with this shot? Was there a resent fire at this location? I’m guessing you did some type of post processing. The tree trunk looks over dodged. IMO The tree and foreground have an old timee colorized look but the sky has a more model camera look to it

Pushing buttons and turning knobs. I've been experimenting with a technique sort of like in this thread;
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146280
But with a mix of HDR thrown in.

The sky is from a single exposure, the tree and everything else is an HDR from 3 exposures. I took the hdr and used an ir filter and used that as a desaturation layer. I also took the hdr and processed the sharpening on various parts of the leaves and limbs separately, fading parts of the desaturation layer and dodging and burning.

I sort of got the depth I was looking for. I need to learn more about selection sets and masking. I also need to shoot with the process in mind. These were shot for another purpose, but I'm desparate to try the idea I've been thinking of the last week or so.

I believe there was a fire there about 8-10 years ago.

Pretty good start, but maybe if I do 20-30 of these I'll have something. Electrons are cheap.

:)

Most reactions

Back