The Crowned Crane (amendments done to this thread!!!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
157515084.jpg

This is about the best bird portrait I took when my sister and I were in the Bird Park of Walsrode on 28 March.

There also are some flamigo pics in store but I am not quite so sure people are interested in bird park photos?

:lol: ........ love the hairdo on this fella!...... good one corinna :thumbup:

Great shot! Yes I do like that hair do as well... love teh color pattern on his face too

Nice one Corinna. Gotta love the hair.
I can relate to that some mornings.:lmao:

(Yep, on a humid day, that bird and I have a lot of similarities.)

Niiiiice pic Corinna!

And isn't his face too dark?
I was fascinated by the "against the light"-situation here that brought out his "crown" so well (or bad hair, as you all say :greenpbl: ), but that did not help with his face any. Is it still ok? To my mind, this one was the best of the series (which also includes pics of the entire bird, wanna see?)

his face is a little dark, but i love the light you captured on his "hair"... i always like photos of these cranes... nice. :thumbup:

I love the way you captured the light coming through his "hair" Hee hee- reminds me of one of my tinsel Christmas ornaments!

Thank you for your positive comments, I hope you will come back to this thread, even those who have seen it before because I made a mistake and posted the second best pic only, declaring that was my best, while I did not really post the best Crowned Crane portrait I have from that visit to the bird park. Argh :irked:!!!

Here is one of the very few Whole-Bird-Pics I took (this was the last bird we saw after 5 hours of walking that park and actually I was done with photography at the time... :roll: )

158920765.jpg

And this, finally, is the best pic I took (of that Crowned Crane, and maybe overall ... this is the FULL FRAME, no crop!, which makes me happy, I could enlarge this to poster size, if I wanted to):

158920783.jpg

Hope you like it a bit, too?
And I hope you will come back to FIND the amendments I have now made to my thread... please.

Hope you don't mind but I had a play with SHADOW/HIGHLIGHTS in photoshop at work

157515084.jpg

"Shadow and Highlights" ... is that in the Levels?
I think I did play about with it a bit, too, but felt I could not go any further ... or is "Shadows and Highlights" working with Layers?
I still can't seem to do that, must be too silly for that ... :er:
But the result is GOOD!

(And I still like my newest one put up here better since that is an all UN-POST-PROCESSED pic :biggrin: )

LaFoto said:
"Shadow and Highlights" ... is that in the Levels?
I think I did play about with it a bit, too, but felt I could not go any further ... or is "Shadows and Highlights" working with Layers?
I still can't seem to do that, must be too silly for that ... :er:
But the result is GOOD!

(And I still like my newest one put up here better since that is an all UN-POST-PROCESSED pic :biggrin: )

Its different from levels in as its changes the shadows without changing the highlights or vice-versa

I was using PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 3 at work S/H can be found under ENHANCE then ADJUST LIGHTING

IN PHOTOSHOP CS / CS2 its under image / adjustments ( from memory )

These are good shots. I love the now new best shot of the crane.
I don't think it matters whether shots are taken at bird parks, zoos or out in the wild, as long as captive shots are not tried to be passed off as wild ones. Sometimes bird parks are the only place you are ever likely to see some of the exotic flavours and or get close enough without thousands of pounds worth of long lense.
Please post some more, like the Flamingo's. I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to see them.

Ian

Most reactions

New Topics

Back