the dancer

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
caught this lady from puerto rico entertaining on the mall during the recent celebration here in dc. these were taken the same day i had my iso set too high...i want to say i apologize for the grain, but i kinda like it, so i won't ;) :

27532919-L-1.jpg

27532926-L-1.jpg

27532928-L-1.jpg

thanks for looking.

Man, Jon, You'd think you would've learned your lesson about resetting your ISO... :lol: JK. I've done that WAY too many times to criticize anyone else. :D Great shots. She looks like she's really into it. You've gotten VERY good at shooting people, Jon. I really like that last one, it's REALLY cool how her dress is perfectly symmetrical. Loved them, as always. :)

i agree, your people shots are getting better (or best?). very nice job with these, although i think if you picked one and used it as a stand-alone shot, it would be even more powerful.

Very well done, I find nothing untowards with the grain, in fact I believe that a little of it goes a long way in Monochrome pictures. I am not very much into black and white, but you certainly have the knack for it. Ernie

But if the ISO wasn't so high would you have been able to have the shutter speed to stop the movement of the dress the way that you have?
I like them as they are.

Great shots Jon. Love the black and white. Dont worry..the one time I got a crow on a gravestone, with the wings out, and some really funky clouds....I had the wrong ISO setting and lost everything. ...yeah right.
Awesome work sir. These are amazing pics. I love how you captured the movement in the dress like that. Cool!!!

the expression on her face makes these....you can tell she has the confidance and the love of the dance so ingrained, and she loves what she is doing.....just totally cool..ya know, in the first shot... it kinda made me think that the people looked like they had been encompased under her skirt..and she was showing life in her dance....like a poster for some foreign country, or a type of music/dance gig......kinda...well...umm...

(maybe i should quit smoking those mushrooms, 'eh??) i think they are really cool, and impressive...and i would bet almost anything the dance troope or this certain lady would love to have these pics of herself......you have captured her heart.

Terrific shots, your B&W's just knocks me to the floor. I 2nd what aprilraven said, tooks the words right out of my finger tips. :)

awesome capture! Mine would be blurry :)

i cant see grain. my monitor or eyes probably :)

Most reactions

Back