The darkroom course was successful!

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I held two courses, and the darkroom group grew from myself to seven persons! We have just organized a joint order of films, paper and chemicals - 17 kg package! This is awesome!

:D

Congrats!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Joe

Congrats on a job well done!

Funny how people just need to be shown the magic to get hooked. ;)

great news, keep up the good work

Way to go, man! That sounds like you have turned your first course into a very successful endeavor. Good for you!

The course just demonstrated the process from loading the reel to washing the print. The attendees were allowed to try some key procedures, such as loading the reel, focusing the enlarger lens, dodging and burning, bringing the paper through the chemicals. I talked about why the negative is negative, and why enlarging it makes a positive image. When I started, I had trouble with it, although the reason is very logical.

We tried to print from a very poor negative, and saw that to get a decent print, lots of contrast work, dodging and burning would be necessary. Then we tried printing a very good negative, and saw that a very acceptable print was easily obtained. Perfecting the print would also require very little hard work, just simple point-adjustments on the print.

So, all in all, I think I balanced the theoretical nicely with stuff to motivate them. Most had never been in a darkroom more than once, and was blank on the process, so I am happy that six persons wanted to come back.

Now I just have to carry that ridiculously heavy package 2 km to the darkroom -_____________________________-

Sounds like they enjoyed it, have fun.

Most reactions

Back