the day that I finally tried

hyeunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Off camera flash $DSC_2434-2.jpg$DSC_2446.jpgThoughts? C&C?

Hi,

I really like number one, it invites me to look closer. Nice one!

For a first go-'round, they're both very well done. I think #1 has a little more interest, but I see appeal in each.

First looks a little soft, And I think could be improved with softer light that lights up the right side of her face a little more.
Light looks a little harsh on the second too

I was going for soft, lowered the clarity in LR. Any speedlight attachment softboxes that you reccomend?

You can find some cheap ones on amazon that include a lightstand attachment and all
http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-...=UTF8&qid=1376965477&sr=8-18&keywords=Softbox
This is a relatively small one.
You could also get an umbrella for even cheaper, I got one for like three bucks the other day.
http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-...qid=1376965589&sr=8-3&keywords=light+umbrella
That doesn't include the stand though.
I'd normally pick softboxes over umbrella because you have a lot more control of the light but umbrellas are just easier sometimes.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
any thoughts on the gary fong? I like to pack light, but I have heard really mixed reviews on that, but it sure does look compact

Thats more of an on-the-go thing, I've thought of that too.
It's more for bouncing light around a room though, not for direct, soft light, So it could be a little difficult to control.
The light still wouldn't be very soft from one of those though because it's still a relatively small light source.
Larger light source, Softer light.

true that, I guess that cowboy studio softbox looks pretty affordable, thanks for the link

I really love the first one, it is beautiful! the light creates a special mood!

Thank you! The first picture is very special to me too, it's my future missus and the second one is of some of our friends

Most reactions

Back