480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The name Kodak was once synonymous with cameras and film. They were innovators in the industry and the leaders of it for 100 years. Yet a few years ago they experienced such a decline that they were forced into bankruptcy. This video explores the decline of Kodak and attempts to explain what happened to them.

The name Kodak was once synonymous with cameras and film. They were innovators in the industry and the leaders of it for 100 years. Yet a few years ago they experienced such a decline that they were forced into bankruptcy. This video explores the decline of Kodak and attempts to explain what happened to them.

Fascinating! Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for posting Sparky.

very interesting video. there was a time when you couldn't walk into any drug store without seeing kodak film for sale.

I only need 2 minutes' worth of a refund! lol Look at the videos, the Mattress conspiracy? the Beanie Babies fad... doesn't seem to have anything to do with photography to know this was news several years ago.

And why does Hardees/Carl's Jr. have two names? who's Carl anyway?? lo

edit - Another few minutes wasted, now I know...

Last edited:
very interesting video. there was a time when you couldn't walk into any drug store without seeing kodak film for sale.
its like that again in Michigan. Fuji Superia is gone now. Kodak ultra or Gold is what I'm seeing.

its like that again in Michigan. Fuji Superia is gone now. Kodak ultra or Gold is what I'm seeing.

Fuji Superia 200/400 are still widely available in Canada. B&H still stocks 'em.

We still carry Kodak and Fuji color print films at my store. We also started carrying Lomography films.

was the video 12 minutes of someone slowly saying "we kept producing film in the digital age" ??

Related:
If you go to maxell.com you won't find any mention of cassette tapes, but interestingly enough they produce headphones...

Also related:
you can buy toys at amazon.com and don't have to hang out with a giant giraffe and a 1000 screaming kids.

Last edited:
First I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, just throwing two questions out there. Curious if maybe they saw the writing on the wall that maybe if the EPA looked into their facilities they would be responsible for a massive clean up bill? (Profits are drying up can't pay off the lobbyist and politicians)

The second question if they did a lot of sensor (digital) work for d0d if they were never allowed to use that tech in their consumer division?

As for the video, Ken Burns really brought interest to old historic subjects with the panning effect but now it just seems like a lazy way to produce youtube content without needing to spend the time, digging through the archives to find cool old historic content.

I was unable to play the video, but I have my own experience with kodac film. tri x pan was great - their color film did not compare with fugi film. I talked with the U S rep. to find out why I could no longer get 100 ft. rolls of my fugi favorite. the answer was "import blocked by kodac". it is a good thing that digital cameras were developed. Vinn

I was unable to play the video, but I have my own experience with kodac film. tri x pan was great - their color film did not compare with fugi film. I talked with the U S rep. to find out why I could no longer get 100 ft. rolls of my fugi favorite. the answer was "import blocked by kodac". it is a good thing that digital cameras were developed. Vinn

I don’t know if I believe that Kodak had the ability to block the import of another competing brand.

you can't buy a tascam dr10c in the US because Zaxcom patented the recorder at the transmitter. Once digital came along with a micro sd card this was going to be inevitable but the US granted them the Patent on it and no DR10c for US folks - So yes US companies can block import of another company.

P.S. I do understand the flip side a US company puts in all the R&D money then a copycat doesn't have that overhead to recoup. But still some time the inevitable shouldn't be patented. Can I photograph Old Faithful from the center of one of the sidewalks and claim copyright infringement on the millions of pics taken from basically that same spot? no

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back