The Deil's (Devils) Cauldron

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some shots from my recent trip in the Motorhome (RV) in deepest, darkest Perthshire.

DC 1024-3- DENOISED-standard.jpg

DC 1024-2- DENOISED-standard (1).jpg

DC 1024-1- DENOISED-standard (1).jpg

there's a good vibe in those photos ... I was trying to employ my ND filters in the trip to Tuscany (that is still ongoing) but I didn't have a success (yet) .. your photos inspire me !! Personally I don't like the blurred leafs on #2 so I'd go with some focus/exposure stacking but in general I love the tonality and perspective of all those photos (especially the light in the #3) so good work !

there's a good vibe in those photos ... I was trying to employ my ND filters in the trip to Tuscany (that is still ongoing) but I didn't have a success (yet) .. your photos inspire me !! Personally I don't like the blurred leafs on #2 so I'd go with some focus/exposure stacking but in general I love the tonality and perspective of all those photos (especially the light in the #3) so good work !
Thank you very much indeed.

Yeah, the movement is an issue with the 10 stop ND. I don't mind it so much but appreciate why you don't like it. These exposures were about 60-80 seconds I think.

Cheers for the nice words.

Excellent set
#1 Oh pleeez clone the branch :) many will disagree I suppose - but they're wrong! In my opinion if you're using a filter, and long exposure is kind of a "technique" shot anyway so you might as well spruce it up in post a little more.

#3 is gorgeous I love it

Thank you very much indeed.

Yeah, the movement is an issue with the 10 stop ND. I don't mind it so much but appreciate why you don't like it. These exposures were about 60-80 seconds I think.

Cheers for the nice words.

60-80 seconds are for the sky :D ... for water (in skyless composition like this), you're fine with 5 seconds ;)

Nice images, blur not doesn’t bother me, I’ve been know to it deliberately. 😌 Like the second shot best.

I have to go with #3. That light is just magical. All wonderful shots, though.

Excellent set
#1 Oh pleeez clone the branch :) many will disagree I suppose - but they're wrong! In my opinion if you're using a filter, and long exposure is kind of a "technique" shot anyway so you might as well spruce it up in post a little more.

#3 is gorgeous I love it
Thank you Z. I might have a go at that and post the edit later.

Cheers!!

60-80 seconds are for the sky :D ... for water (in skyless composition like this), you're fine with 5 seconds ;)

Not with the 10 stop in a naturally dark, skyless under the canopy, place like that😁

Nice images, blur not doesn’t bother me, I’ve been know to it deliberately. 😌 Like the second shot best.

Thank you!

I have to go with #3. That light is just magical. All wonderful shots, though.
Thanks very much R. Appreciated.

Reactions: ntz
Excellent set

#3 is gorgeous I love it
Here you go fella'. Especially for you😉

Branch edit-1.jpg

The lighting in #3 is terrific, especially on the falls. I really like that one. Nice shots all around.

Not with the 10 stop in a naturally dark, skyless under the canopy, place like that😁
I have to admit that I (also) tend by some unknown reason to always use a ND1000 filter when I am about to use filters ... My ND8 and ND64 are both rather idle .. I tried to photograph already some similar sceneries like yours but finally I never liked the outcome .. In reality, I don't have almost any photography with ND filters that I would like to publish .. Your shots inspire me ..

I have to admit that I (also) tend by some unknown reason to always use a ND1000 filter when I am about to use filters ... My ND8 and ND64 are both rather idle .. I tried to photograph already some similar sceneries like yours but finally I never liked the outcome .. In reality, I don't have almost any photography with ND filters that I would like to publish .. Your shots inspire me ..
Well, thanks very much indeed. Very kind words.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back