The difference a year makes....

TPF University strikes again! :D

We need a cheerleader squad! :wav::icon_cheers::clap::586::bouncingsmileys:

Haha, yes! Does this mean you're going to pull out your mini skirt and pompoms, Granddad?

(Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I'd say...)

Haha, yes! Does this mean you're going to pull out your mini skirt and pompoms, Granddad?

Although I do believe in the idea that one should be able to do just about anything, this is one case where he can and should delegate. We did have another male poster (who shall remain nameless for the time being) show up in fishnet stockings and high heels. Once. I'm not sure TPF fully recovered from that, still. :icon_crazy: :eyebrows:

Very well done.

IMO your second shot shows your development very well. I also chime in for a pat on the back for yourself. You did it, you made the changes an you chose to further your photography by taking on the good points, letting go of the ones that were not helpful too. It's a BIG credit to you that you were able to take the critique, filter what it useful and actually take the advice that you need.

IMO the difference in those two shots is palpable. Your second shot is by far the better shot, it is instantly recognisable as better because you've controled the lighting. I can see a deliberate choice of focal length, awareness of background, composition and deliberate choices that you made.

So, yeah....good job!

Thank you, weepete! You guys are so great about not only knocking me down a peg when I need it, but also reminding me not to be so hard on myself. :) It's hard to feel like I've made any progress sometimes, because I still feel nervous and scatterbrained all the time, but this makes me feel like all the work I've put in was worth it. I can see the difference, and it helps so much to hear that others can too!

(Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I'd say...)

I shall follow Pgriz's advice and delegate to Grandma. I have a sneaking suspicion she may still have her 48 year old pompoms somewhere in the attic (everything else is up there so why not those?), she also is a lot fitter than I am and definitely looks better in a miniskirt. Fantasia's dancing hippo scene is fine as an animation and should remain as an animation. ;)

Most reactions

Back