))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
psych!

Did some scouting this weekend to see how close the wildflowers are to blooming. The bloom should happen next weekend and I'll haul out all of the gear.

Saturday: Superstition wilderness (Lost Dutchman)

It had been raining solid for two days when I noticed the clouds starting to break up. I thought it would be a good chance to check out one of my favorite spots to shoot. It was still drizzling when I arrived. I grabbed my gear and made my way towards the mountain on the Siphon Draw trail. I didn't want to venture too far from the vehicle since I wasn't really prepared to get all that wet. It would mist on and off all evening, but I held out hope that the sun would peek through the clouds before finally resting beyond the horizon. I snapped a few frames in the dull overcast lighting.

05superstitioncholla.jpg

After raining off and on for an hour or so, it begain to sprinkle again. This time I had a hunch it wasn't going to stay a sprinkle. So I made a mad dash for the closest covered picnic table. As I scrambled for the shelter the rain began to come down like it would during monsoon season! I made it without getting too wet but I wanted to keep shooting. After it stopped, I fired off a few more frames and called it a night.

05superstitionvalley.jpg

Sunday: Gold Canyon

It was partly cloudy all day and I knew I was going to go to Gold Canyon to continue my scouting for wildflowers. I got started late and missed out on some prime lighting. I've been out of shape for several months but found myself running up the mountain for the second day in a row. Going to be really sore tomorrow.

05goldcanyon01.jpg

05goldcanyon02.jpg

hope you enjoyed these! They are just a primer for the real display of Sonoran Desert color! stay tuned :D

Some nice shots here! Can't wait to see the ones next weekend!! Thanks for sharing yo!

Zach :D

Ah, that backlit bush in the first... lovely.
Can't wait for the wildflowers to bloom so you can show us what it looks like!
Do tell us: how are you today? Sore?

Love that first one; can't stop looking at it.

This kind of landscape is so different from where I live that I really enjoy seeing it. Looking forward to seeing the wildflower blooms.

Our wildflowers won't bloom for another month or so. And despite our unusually warm winter, today it's snowing.

Love the 1st and 3rd. A really nice change from our current landscape. I look forward to seeing the wildflowers as well!

nice shots, waiting for more to come! My most fav is 1st and 3rd shot

I love those shots!!! Unfortunately we don't have deserts here :p

Nice work, really makes me want to go back to the Desert. Last time was in the early 80s when I was 17 or so. Did not take many photos :(

Eric

Absolutely fantastic...can't wait to see more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back