The End

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an emotional attachment to this shot. I took it of my husband on a hike in Kauai. That being said, I want to know if you have a emotional reaction and what it might be. Any other C&C is always welcome!! Thanks!!

6786450120_8f75d28b6d_z.jpg

What thats incredible! He is sillouetted so perfectly <3 Its got great lead lines as well. Beautiful shot. You should print this one!

So tell me, who was ahead? You or he? ;)

I really like the image. There is an "X" in the image (the rough earth/sky boundary from upper left to lower right, and the second arm of the X starting at the lower left separating the foreground slope from the background end extending rightward), with your husband at the center of the X. His small size relative to the scene, but at the same time, in clear view, emphasizes the scale of your surroundings. The mist almost enveloping him gives a sense of mystery. Your use of the sepia takes away the usual vivid greens, and forces us to see the texture of the land. My only nit is that the image is too small on my screen. I'd like to savour it at a size of say, 36" x 24"!

I like it. I am not in love with it. Your husband just gets too lost in it. wish he were larger? more noticeable. I LOVE foggy images like that!

Nice Mish.. I think the B&W conversion can be improved a little bit? Not sure.

Superb shot. All the lines lead straight to the figure standing on the rock. A pretty much perfect use of leading lines! I probably don't have as much of an emotional response to it as you - I just see it as a great photo with excellent composition - which is all I need out of a photo!

So tell me, who was ahead? You or he? ;)

I really like the image. There is an "X" in the image (the rough earth/sky boundary from upper left to lower right, and the second arm of the X starting at the lower left separating the foreground slope from the background end extending rightward), with your husband at the center of the X. His small size relative to the scene, but at the same time, in clear view, emphasizes the scale of your surroundings. The mist almost enveloping him gives a sense of mystery. Your use of the sepia takes away the usual vivid greens, and forces us to see the texture of the land. My only nit is that the image is too small on my screen. I'd like to savour it at a size of say, 36" x 24"!
He was way out in no mans land!! I never went out as far as he did on this ridge!! I figured we have a child and someone has to return safely. lol
Wow, isn't it amazing that all those things came together in a unplanned shot!! Nature is just amazing!! I'll post a larger version for ya!! Thanks for the detailed comment!! I really appreciate it!

I like it. I am not in love with it. Your husband just gets too lost in it. wish he were larger? more noticeable. I LOVE foggy images like that!

Wow, he really adds scale to the image!
He makes the shot in my mind. Otherwise you would just have mountains. I'll post another shot in color, so you can get a better idea of the area.

Nice Mish.. I think the B&W conversion can be improved a little bit? Not sure.
I'll post a bigger picture and you can try to edited it!!

Superb shot. All the lines lead straight to the figure standing on the rock. A pretty much perfect use of leading lines! I probably don't have as much of an emotional response to it as you - I just see it as a great photo with excellent composition - which is all I need out of a photo!
Thanks!! I wish I could say that I eyed that shot up perfectly, but I was actually thinking, "OMG, get down from there!".

Thank you everyone for your comments!!

I'd like to savour it at a size of say, 36" x 24"!
^^^This. I think images like this get lost when viewed at this size. A dark background would also make it more dramatic – TPF's background doesn't do dramatic B&W photos any favours.

I'd like to savour it at a size of say, 36" x 24"!
^^^This. I think images like this get lost when viewed at this size. A dark background would also make it more dramatic &#8211; TPF's background doesn't do dramatic B&W photos any favours.

DARK BACKGROUNDS!!! YES!! lol

Patrice....nope no doggy.

Most reactions

Back