The Epic Saga - Weeds II, The Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a new subject, please. Stop wallowing in failure and making a joke out of it to lessen the impact of your mediocrity, get a new subject that's actually interesting and improve.

I didn't try to insult you :meh: I gave you genuine advice. Find an interesting subject.

Can you honestly sit there and live with yourself after you cower down like this?
Knowing fully well your intentions?
Are you going to actually sit there and pretend you didn't write this allegation highlighted in red?

You're a joke. Someone needs to tell you that you're a joke.
Someone just did.

How am I insulting you by telling you what you proudly proclaim at the beginning of your last two threads? :meh:

Trust me, I'm not fishing for compliments.

Well, I can't help feeling that you sound it, though, being very defensive about a photo that you call a "failure" in the first post, and keeping a thread busy and going on and on and on with individual quotations and replies, trying to prove you how active and "important" (and popular?) you are on this forum... it's just that you do not come across as "modest" --- but you try in words to let us think so, which you don't succeed in. Too many words for that, I'm afraid.

Truly unbelievable.
Professionals snidely judging photos in a beginners forum AND judging character too????????????
Do you actually think that I believe that I've produced a masterpiece????
Your basic run of the mill garden WEED found in the back yard??????????

I was testing the " smart telephoto" mode on Sony's a550 at 300MM which effectively DOUBLES that focal length to 600mm, while using a very small aperture and slow shutter.

Then comes " Oh get a new subject, bla bla bla" Snide as snide can be.

Don't you think I should at least learn, or try to learn the basics, or SOME of the basics before treking the universe, wasting my time, searching for that perfect subject so I can photograph it incorrectly???????
So I can incorrectly use photo software on it that I have never before used until the other day?

I freely admit that I really don't know what I'm doing and this is seen as fishing for compliments in a beginners forum????????
I must be missing something here. Or you might be.

Then the remarks about blowing up an image.
The basics go back to the beginning of time with film in that the more you enlarge a photo, the more distorted it becomes.
The more noisy/grainy it becomes. Yet in a digital age, this is supposed to magically disappear? Because it's digital???
Not one comment on this other than, " When you zoom in, it looks like a painting"
As if to say , " Well when you blow the photo up it should become more sharp and detailed"
WRONG, completely WRONG.
Yet no one mentions it.
I'm amazed.

I'm afraid I'm not fishing for compliments. Sorry you feel that way.

I might also mention that the spider is TINY.
Most likely 1/10 the size of a dime or less. Or in comparison, the tip of a ball point pen

Last edited:
this is awesome.

This just entertained me so much during my lunch break. Thank you.

Ignore list!

Perhaps, but sometimes seeing other people's level of crazy helps me to feel more sane.

:D
Oh I get it.
So now I'm crazy.

Got a new camera, don't really know how to use it, trying to figure it out and learn something here and there through trial and error..........so I'm nuts.
It's all crystal clear now.
You'll all be happy to know I intend to check myself into the nearest insane asylum, immediately.

Hopefully they have WIFI so I can keep you all informed of my adventures there.

I think I shall exit now and go work on my next exciting subject. The Windex bottle.

Be sure to post three different threads of it.
Don't dissappoint!

Trust me, I'm not fishing for compliments.

Well, I can't help feeling that you sound it, though, being very defensive about a photo that you call a "failure" in the first post, and keeping a thread busy and going on and on and on with individual quotations and replies, trying to prove you how active and "important" (and popular?) you are on this forum... it's just that you do not come across as "modest" --- but you try in words to let us think so, which you don't succeed in. Too many words for that, I'm afraid.

Truly unbelievable.
Professionals snidely judging photos in a beginners forum AND judging character too????????????
Do you actually think that I believe that I've produced a masterpiece????
Your basic run of the mill garden WEED found in the back yard??????????

I was testing the " smart telephoto" mode on Sony's a550 at 300MM which effectively DOUBLES that focal length to 600mm, while using a very small aperture and slow shutter.

Then comes " Oh get a new subject, bla bla bla" Snide as snide can be.

Don't you think I should at least learn, or try to learn the basics, or SOME of the basics before treking the universe, wasting my time, searching for that perfect subject so I can photograph it incorrectly???????
So I can incorrectly use photo software on it that I have never before used until the other day?

I freely admit that I really don't know what I'm doing and this is seen as fishing for compliments in a beginners forum????????
I must be missing something here. Or you might be.

Then the remarks about blowing up an image.
The basics go back to the beginning of time with film in that the more you enlarge a photo, the more distorted it becomes.
The more noisy/grainy it becomes. Yet in a digital age, this is supposed to magically disappear? Because it's digital???
Not one comment on this other than, " When you zoom in, it looks like a painting"
As if to say , " Well when you blow the photo up it should become more sharp and detailed"
WRONG, completely WRONG.
Yet no one mentions it.
I'm amazed.

I'm afraid I'm not fishing for compliments. Sorry you feel that way.

I might also mention that the spider is TINY.
Most likely 1/10 the size of a dime or less. Or in comparison, the tip of a ball point pen

You've gotten constructive feedback, which I assume is what you wanted, because you say you want to learn more. Yet when people give you that constructive feedback, you get defensive, as if you were expecting us to pop in and say, "cool story brah," and go our merry way.

Here's the feedback, summarized:

1. You applied too much noise reduction. This can have the effect of removing information that you don't want removed, such as subtleties of texture, especially in skin and plants. This makes your photo look like a painting when viewed at full size. I'm not saying I expect the photo to look better the more I zoom in, but what I am saying is that the photo looks weird, and I can see why that is when I view it at 100% magnification (i.e. not zoomed in and not zoomed out). I am giving you this information so that the next time you try to apply noise reduction, you can perhaps do a little better. That's what you want, right? To get better?

2. The subject is uninteresting and/or the most interesting thing about the subject was not highlighted via composition or focus. Now I know you say you were just testing the camera features and you weren't trying to take an amazing photograph, but I really suggest you try and find some subjects that are worth taking a picture of, even though you're still learning to use the camera. Why, do you ask? Because learning proper composition is just as important, if not more so, than learning how to use the camera's features, and it's far more important than learning post-processing techniques. There's no reason to learn one at the expense of the other; practice your composition.

Now I'm not saying anything here that hasn't been said already, but I hope you read it for what it is: constructive feedback. If this is not the kind of feedback you're looking for, then I don't understand why you're posting these pictures. What kind of comments were you expecting to get? Granted, folks on here can be a little blunt sometimes, but you can either take it personally, or you can use the information they give you to improve your photography skills. Your choice.

While this thread is highly amusing, i don't think its going to get back on track at this point, so i'll end it here.

OP: my advise would be to go out and photograph some interesting subjects to test your camera, after all the subject matter is just as important as the technical side of using your camera, this will help you develop all your skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back