The Failing Light

Bull Goose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P3090067-1.jpg

So, does this photo fail because of the failing light, or do the remaining rays save it?

Fair enough, I would tend to agree with you. Here's an alternate version that's a bit brighter. Part of the reason I was attracted to this scene was the fact that the lamps are on and yet there's still some nice sunlight in the distance, but that makes for a very narrow margin for getting a good photo. Maybe it just can't work with the foreground not being lit more by the sun, I don't know. Everyone please let me know what you think of this new version.
lamps.jpg

That new version is classes better than the underexposed one. Did you actually expose in two different manners for this self-same scene?

You know, I honestly don't know at this point! I know I had a bunch of versions of this, some are deleted now. What I do know is I should have posted the brighter one in the first place. I appreciate the above, and are there any other comments?

The second one is eons better, its a nice shot. The first one hadn't impressed me.. The only thing I dislike is the large area of empty space on the bottom left there... Not something that can be corrected, I suppose, but that bottom quarter of the frame is just boring to me.

I like the bright one, just to bad that two of the lamps are out :\ But nothing you can do to that ;p I like to see the path of the lamp posts!

Thanks for the comments everyone. Glad I dug up that other version. Yes, it is kind of too bad that some lamps are out, but then again I figure that that fits in nicely with the title eh?

the second one really looks great. it almost look like a Christmas card. hmm maybe you should try make a HDR out of the photos with different exposure you took. Im sure it would look awesome :D

The newer version is definitely better. The other one is too dark, like Trenton Romulox said. It's a very pretty shot!

I like the second version....seems so peaceful in the quiet town.

Most reactions

Back