The Fall colors were popping today!(pic heavy)

Excellent set Kristofer
Love #1 but all are very nice as usual.
I really like the way you go about capturing fall colors!
I liked the greater yellowlegs shot.
Beautiful pictures!!! Love the colors , they are so clear and crisp looking!
Yup. SWEETNESS! Really tough to pick a favorite, but but but hmmmm, the Egret feet and wing canopy does it for me.
Very nice Kris. Great work as usual.
Marvelous! Numbers 3 and 6 for me.
Wow. Just wow. Absolutely amazing as always. So many good ones to choose from...The mallard in flight is my favorite of this set.
#1 is stunning. The third one is gorgeous too. A beautiful set.
good stuff... i really like number 6
Thanks for all the kind words!
Sweet!
BTW I hate you ;) we have lost all our leaves and no big birds left.
Like a Love/Hate kind of thing :)
What a wonderful set. Everything is so crisp and clean. Your work looks like it has virtually no post processing and that is intriguing to me. It has a very satisfying and love for life feel to them.
I'm with Derrel on my favorite, yellow legs. What a shot, perfectly still water for a split second more. Great execution.
Do you dress up in hunter gear and just hangout with a camera as opposed to a gun? Your work has a skillful hunter feel to it.
I do wear wear full camo, especially in the colder months. For one it is designed for the weather. 2) Hopefully people don't see me so they can't ask me dumb questions about my lens. 3) The birds still see me, lol. I do not generally hang out in one spot for long, unless it is Osprey season and I know they will be fishing. In a full day of shooting I will be out from just after sunrise to just before sunset and generally log 5-10 miles a day with a big a piece of glass strapped on. I will go sniper style if need be and lay in muddy yucky stuff if I need to to get the shot

I do wear wear full camo, especially in the colder months. For one it is designed for the weather. 2) Hopefully people don't see me so they can't ask me dumb questions about my lens. 3) The birds still see me, lol. I do not generally hang out in one spot for long, unless it is Osprey season and I know they will be fishing. In a full day of shooting I will be out from just after sunrise to just before sunset and generally log 5-10 miles a day with a big a piece of glass strapped on. I will go sniper style if need be and lay in muddy yucky stuff if I need to to get the shot
Oh man, your my hero... Off to Cabella's this weekend... Oh wait, I don't have a 12 pound piece of glass... Oh well, going anyway. [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

i think a ghilli suit would be the way to go if you do not want to bee seen at all or as little as possible., i would be worried some redneck would be like hey look its a sasquatch and shoot me. it would probably scare people out at the metro parks. those are the main 2 reasons i have not got one.

or there is always this.. Wildlife Photographer Disguises Himself as a Swan to Get Close to Other Birds

Having spent the entire day in the yard picking up those colors I'm not thrilled at all with these :BangHead:

But the birds are nice ;)

Kris, great shots as usual. It was hard to pick a favourite, so I won't, but the sunset is up near the top.

WesternGuy

great series... i'm partial to the egret myself, though the first and third images are also excellent!

Most reactions

Back