The famous water drop attempt

Mayo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well here ya go.. Yes it's another water drop shoot to add to the rest of the noobs.. Haha.. But I did find it quite a challenge. Not knowing what speeds or setting to apply. Just kind of winged it. I didn't use any flash, just two spotlights in the back and moved them around. Focusing wasn't that bad. Yeah they are not the best but I just focused manually as the drop hit the water. When it looked good, I stepped away from the camera and fired off about 200 shots with the remote. Ha.. I had about a 25% success rate..:er:

21142131dcf01bba46b425136bd46255.jpg

de74352292a919c22e87fc55752e0536.jpg

613d74f881fb9c6e3f5e69ae2a2b2051.jpg

as Bram said, flash would add some sparkle and light to the shots. It will also STOP the drop better... making it crystal clear. Get creative... gel the flashes, light from the side or below, add colored backgrounds, get wild and crazy!

This was a first attempt also

$best-2.jpg

The coolest part about water drops is that they will literally float on top of the water before they break and are absorbed, i don't have the gear for it, but if you could get that picture then that would be sweet!

Like mentioned, 2 and 3 are underexposed and too noisy. The first one, on the other hand, is a more-than-reasonable first attempt. I like it.

I like #2, it's like a minimalist version. It's kind of elegant.

Most reactions

Back