The First Big Snow In California 09

Machupicchu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im in the foothills so it doesn't look that bad but tahoe got 4 feet last night. Anyway, iv never taken shots in the snow so i would love some feedback and maybe some camera techniques/settings.

The first 3 are crap.... hence me asking for advice. They were taken out of a car window. Probably the issue, but the lighting is just horrible. Any advise appreciated.
IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

I like the rest of them.

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

I like some of the pictures, mainly the last macro.

my fav is the wheel. i still dont understand why the first ones look so bad

my fav is the wheel. i still dont understand why the first ones look so bad
I had the same problem with my pictures this morning that you commented on.. I used my polarizer and that worked pretty well. If you want I'll show you the pictures without the polarizer, there's a huge difference

that would be awesome. iv only been doing photography for a couple months so i havent come across this type of situation. i think it has something to do with the reflection of the snow. there just horrible and un detailed. idk. but the rest look good. i think i need to read up on landscape photography........ now that i think of it i was shooting through a car window whilst the car was moving. :meh:

If you want I'll show you the pictures without the polarizer, there's a huge difference

Please do...

Mac, I really like the last one, but 4 and 5 are great as well...

Here are some pictures with and without the polarizer. These are straight from the camera, no editing or anything, just the effects of the polarizer.

The pictures with the polarizer have bluer skys, the trees and grass are greener, everything has more color it looks like

IMG_9024.jpg
IMG_9023.jpg

IMG_9010.jpg
IMG_9009.jpg

hmmm. ill have to try that. i think the main issue was that i was moving at about 30mph:lol: plus the storm was still kinda hangin over us so it was really dark, and it was through a car windshield. Not a successful safari expedition. haha

Yeah, that could be a problem lol.. And thanks about my avatar, I like yours too. It's like a spiral lulz

Most reactions

Back