The First Session With My New D810 and Tamron 24-70mm 2.8

Great shot, I like the original best. :)

I absolutely love this shot! I like the second tone better, with the less purple-y look, but that one is still great too.

If you don't mind I would like to use this as my phone background??

I guess that would be fine, although you have so many nice pictures of your own. I'm flattered. Thanks.

Jim

Why thank you! I appreciate that, I just love this picture!! :)

I like the version posted later in the thread better, although for me I usually find if the first thing I'm noticing is how processed a photo is it seems to take away from the photo - I think a little can go a long way.

I wondered if the house was leaning a bit but I probably still would have framed it so the right side of the house (as you're facing it) was parallel to the right side of the frame. What it seems to have done is cut off the large tree at a bit of an odd place, you just see a sliver of the bottom of the tree then gradually see more of it. Since the tree seems to have a lean to it too! - I think it might have worked a little better to include more of it so it's not cut off too much (probably a judgment call on how much of the tree trunk to include).

I like having branches overhead framing the little abandoned house, but to the left top they got a little cropped off, and you've got the edge of whatever is out of view along the left edge (a slight crop would probably get rid of those little distractions).

I do like the photo and the composition, I think framing it vertically with the larger branches overhead helps capture the feeling of a small abandoned house in the woods.

Most reactions

Back