The First Wedding of '08 (for me)

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've had some weddings where it just felt so pat and uninspired and unoriginal. But this wedding made me fall in love all over again with doing them. Now I just need to learn to get even faster at my PP.
Mark and Amy were a fun couple and I think we got some good shots even though it was dead outside and the reception was soooooo dark:(
CC is definitely welcome!
1.)I Love doing Cake shots
CakeQ.jpg

2.) The set up for the ceremony room was the MOST DIFFICULT I have ever encountered. Really really low hanging lamps throughout the room, the room was extremely wide, and there were windows on all four sides so that it made it difficult with shooting with my flash. I normally try really hard not to use flash, but in this case I HAD to. I tried bouncing it on the ceiling, but it had all of these beams running across it so I'm not too thrilled with the ceremony stuff.
CeremonyR.jpg

3.) Gramps and Granny having fun
DancingA.jpg

4.) Goofy Groomsmen. This pose was totally all them.
FormalsHBW.jpg

5.) Pretty Bride
FormalsM.jpg

6.) I told them to walk and glance over at each other a couple of times. Got some cute ones.
FormalsOOBW.jpg

7.) This one is probably my favorite of the evening. They were more of a silly couple instead of romantic so when I told him to lean in and give her a kiss on the neck it cracked them up.
FormalsEBW.jpg

8.) It got too cold and we had to finish up the family shots inside unfortunately:(
FormalsPP.jpg

9.) Another favorite of mine for some reason.
ReceptionBBW.jpg

10.) They were such a fun couple they decided to have a photo booth at their wedding and had their guests glue their photos into a scrapbook and leave a message as their guestbook.
ReceptionPPPPP.jpg

11.) Best wedding singer I've heard so far. He knew EVERYTHING and was actually really good:)
ReceptionZZZZBW.jpg

12.) First Dance
FirstDanceABW.jpg

13.) It's so great when guests ham it up for me.
DancingUU.jpg

14.) Trying to get better with the dancing shots. I've learned from Cindy to get in closer and I really like how they turned out at this wedding compared with others I've done.
DancingB.jpg

I think you did great! :) I especially like the expression on the woman's face in the last one.

Yea, the dancing shots are always hard because people are moving so you have to shoot them really fast and even then, sometimes you just get them in bad positions!

I think you did a great job on these, you can sense the emotion felt by two of them, which is really what it is all about and what everyone is looking for.

The ones of them walking through the archway are my faves and are stellar IMHO!

Bravo.

These are really beautiful. You did a great job. You should be proud. I know the B&G will love these.

Wow! Nice job April. I love em'. The photo booth idea is awesome! Good idea to incorporate it into your photography from the evening. :) They look great.

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words! I've been trying so hard to get better with wedding photography. I can't wait to hear back from the bride and groom about them! It's nerve-wracking to wait to hear if they like them. I'm always afraid they're going to hate them!

LOL You sound like me! I'm like that withe every session but I think it's a good thing. Like we'll never 'settle' but ti will always drive us to improve more. :) You have no reason to worry. These are excellent!

My favorite is the shot of the bride. Its very peaceful and just all around gorgeous -- comp, color ... beautiful!

Awesome kick-off to your wedding season!

And ...sidenote ...Ohhhh how lucky they are to be able to afford a photo booth rental! They are insanely expensive -- I looked into a rental and for 5 hours it was $2,000! Whoa!

Kaylers, they got a really good deal with me as their photographer so maybe that helped;) I am definitely raising my prices for weddings next year.

i agree about the flash difficulties at cerimonies. especially with real low lighting. why can't everyone just do the outdoors wedding? well i guess it would be tough in feb! unless of course we could convince people to get white fur wedding coats, that could make for fun shots!

Most reactions

Back