The flaming butterfly ball

Casshew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to re shoot the flaming butterfly ball again tomorrow using some suggestions for better settings. I shot it tonight with ISO 800, in a darkend room. Can anyone help?

bb2.jpg

bb7.jpg

bb62.jpg

bb5.jpg

bb61.jpg

bb6.jpg

bb11.jpg

Thanks for looking :confused:

Last edited:
if your able to i'd turn on noise reduction in camera and prob use a tripod if you can, and lower the iso, as a fair few of them seem to be pretty bad in that regard

I thought this post said the flaming butterball. LOL-

I think the picture looks.. grainy?

Sorry, I can't offer anything to "help" with it.. Good luck. I like the last one. You edited it that way?

if your able to i'd turn on noise reduction in camera and prob use a tripod if you can, and lower the iso, as a fair few of them seem to be pretty bad in that regard

Okay, I'll try it again, thanks

I thought this post said the flaming butterball. LOL-

I've cooked a few flaming butterballs in my lifetime :sexywink:

I would try #2 again, it has a primary area that attracts the eye, and a secondary area, both are at good areas in the photo. But it seems soft. Did you use a tripod and manual focus?

The others are just too busy for me to comfortably look at.

Remember in low light situations a tripod is a must!!! It also allows you to go with a low ISO that keeps the noise down. Leave it at 200 and use a longer shutter speed.

Also if you work with a tripod in low light use either a remote shutter release (IR remote, cable release) or timer release. That reduces camera shake from pressing the shutter release button.

Use a tripod long exposures and lower your iso to 100-200

okay, thanks, I'll try that too :)

Well those shots that Casserole post don't look anything like a Turkey so i don't know where she went wrong :lol:

I would do I retry to tone down the noise a bit but I DO LIKE the 2nd one the most. Definitely go for that one again.

Most reactions

Back