The Flowers are out in Bloom...must be Spring!

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my camera the last time we visited the out-law's house. The Mother-out-Law has a load of flowers growing in the garden and I wanted to have another go with my new-to-me 90mm f2.8 macro lens. Here is a handful of the ones I like, some with a decent amount of PP, and some Au Naturale...

tulip by Bend The Light, on Flickr

tulip star by Bend The Light, on Flickr

pom pom daisy by Bend The Light, on Flickr

white linen daffodil multi curve by Bend The Light, on Flickr

white linen daffodil delicate by Bend The Light, on Flickr

Let me know what you think, if you like. :)

Im just gonna reiterate what alot of people say about flower photography, which is to try refraining from putting the flower in the center of the frame

Other than that, i like the second one the most

I love the colour and DOF on #1
#5 is probably my favourite - it's arty. The flower looks like it's made of cobwebs or something o_O
I'd be pleased to hang something like that on my wall

Im just gonna reiterate what alot of people say about flower photography, which is to try refraining from putting the flower in the center of the frame

Other than that, i like the second one the most

Yes, I do, in most cases, move the flower around the frame. Don't know why I didn't with these, but I just PP on a one at a time basis and go with what I feel like...sometimes it works. :)
I think they are all a little different, even if centred, with perhaps the exception of the pom pom daisy...I like it, but is too centred for me, even.

Many thanks for your input.

I love the colour and DOF on #1
#5 is probably my favourite - it's arty. The flower looks like it's made of cobwebs or something o_O
I'd be pleased to hang something like that on my wall

Thank you.
I think they are my two favourites of this set, too. And the white daff is a particular favourite...sort of half-planned it that way, so pleased with how it turned out.:)

Cheers

Pretty, I like the background on #4. The leaves OoF are nice. Personally, I like when the colors are a little more saturated. Flowers are always nice! I would love to see a macro of the yellow tulip's core! Bet it would be nice!!

Pretty, I like the background on #4. The leaves OoF are nice. Personally, I like when the colors are a little more saturated. Flowers are always nice! I would love to see a macro of the yellow tulip's core! Bet it would be nice!!

The flower in number 4 hasn't been desaturated at all, though...that's what I like about that one, the subdued linen quality it has, which inspired me to do it as in number 5.

I have some closer images of the tulip centre...will post some up when I get around to processing them! :)

Thanks.

Beautiful pictures! You were able to capture the beauty of those flowers. All clear, and the colors were very vibrant! I really like the first picture. I just love it when the colors orange and yellow are in the same picture! Hope to see more shots from you! Keep it up!

Beautiful pictures! You were able to capture the beauty of those flowers. All clear, and the colors were very vibrant! I really like the first picture. I just love it when the colors orange and yellow are in the same picture! Hope to see more shots from you! Keep it up!

Thanks. :)

There are more spring flowers on here, and on my flickr. :)

Most reactions

Back