The food and drink thread

This morning I made a bundt cake and then I had to go to my office at school for a couple hours. This is what I found when I got home.

KcAYrOW.jpg

Well, this appears to be your piece ;)

This morning I made a bundt cake and then I had to go to my office at school for a couple hours. This is what I found when I got home.

KcAYrOW.jpg

Well, this appears to be your piece ;)
Seriously. At least you were left some. :tongue-44: It looks like it was beautiful!

KcAYrOW.jpg

you must have teenagers

you must have teenagers
I do in fact have two'ish (11 girl and 16 boy). Wife is asking for a 4th of July cake. I thought I was going to get away without one this year. Homemade 4th cake coming up. I do love my mixer. I recommend one if you don't have one. I use to be anti mixer for a really long time and mix by hand.

R4kch1hl.jpg

Last edited:
My wife invented this recipe, Flatbread Pizza.
Take a flatbread and add bean paste. This was made from black beans.
Add Guacamole sauce.
ralNhtN.jpg

3OFMj8b.jpg

Add bacon and mushrooms and veggies.
nuqWX1h.jpg

onions pickled hot peppers anything goes.
n61VBaZ.jpg

Add cheese to each layer the top one gets the most.
JlYpIEQ.jpg

Stack the layers and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
vNU5K4L.jpg

The finished result.
GubBhvD.jpg

It makes a very filling meal!
BFPuJcJ.jpg

I do love my mixer. I recommend one if you don't have one. I use to be anti mixer for a really long time and mix by hand.

Couldn't agree more! Love mine. And, if you decide to buy one, get the one that Mike has pictured. The tilt head version is cheaply made and burns out. I have 2 of them from the thrift store that I was hoping to put together and give to my DIL. Recently found another like mine and gave that to her.

I have the early K5/K5-a(?) version with the Hobart name on it. Originally Hobart made them for Kitchenaid. If you've ever been in the restaurant biz, it's a mini version of their big stand mixers. Find one of those at a garage sale or thrift store, nab it. Worth every penny. They're tanks.

Some of the accessories are awesome as well. I have the meat grinder, veggie slicer and pasta rollers. Again, found at the thrift store for much less than retail. Also had some repeats and gave them to my DIL. She was tickled pink.

I wish my husband cooked. I hate it. Everything looks good, but a giant reese’s peanut butter cup? YUM!

I wish my husband cooked. I hate it. Everything looks good, but a giant reese’s peanut butter cup? YUM!

I will admit that I bake a lot but I do not cook, unless I absolutely have to. The peanut butter cup looked good when I made it but it was really hard to eat. It was... well, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar, sugar, sugar, and sugar. It tasted just like the original butter cup just way bigger. It was really fun.

Like tonight I got left home alone. So I made easy chili cheese fries in the air fryer for dinner topped with sour cream and jalapenos.

Edit* Grammer

XpUw9jjl.jpg

Last edited:
I cook for the two of us almost every day, although very little Dutch cuisine that mainly consists of many types of cabbage, gravy, well-filled soups from the time when a lot of heavy labor was done and there were quite cold winters. I don't have the habit of photographing my dishes, I've done food photography for 30 years on a regular basis. I guess my last serious photo in this area must have been in 2008, maybe just put a camera next to the kitchen table for this food thread.

Since 1989 we live in the area where the original Gouda cheese comes from, the city of Gouda is less than 6 kilometers away, that's about 3.75 miles. I like all kinds of cheeses, as long as it's not blue cheese, starting my day with 'Goudse kaas' is still the best.
View attachment 193975

Goudse kaas sounds so much nicer than plain old "cheese toast" - which my husband is a fan of for breakfast sometimes. He broils it.

Gouda, and smoked gouda, can be divine!

Someone ate the 4th of July cake while I was cooling it before frosting. I am on strike.

DN2tYJMl.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back