The general forum....

I think it's a small price to pay considering what we're ALL doing (not just americans) to the enviroment. It's just gonna push to either ride bikes or come up with amore efficent fuel source...either way "the man" will make his grip.

AlisonPower said:
See ya later, Matt :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's expensive and it sucks. Our Suburban has a 40 gallon tank....Aubrey will be along shortly to tell you that we had to put in 30 gallons last night and it was $75. We decided to stop there for two reasons: A) the pump turns off and you have to reswipe the debit card B) He was afraid he might cry.

But, what can you do? In reality the gas mileage is about the same as our minivan but this has the added benefit of 4WD and living in the mountains it can be very useful. I suppose we could start charging the kids for rides :mrgreen:

When we got our drivers license and borrowing the folks car... Dad would record the mileage and charge us the gas... He records the pump information and knew the MPG...

Steve :D

I can't believe you guys are still talking about gas.

You should do what I used to do.

Pump and dash...

....although it doesn't have the same phonetic ring as dine and dash

bace said:
I can't believe you guys are still talking about gas.

You should do what I used to do.

Pump and dash...

....although it doesn't have the same phonetic ring as dine and dash

I would if I could. But the pumps don't work until you pay here :( Saying that, I just returned from work and a trip to the gas station. Goodbye $30.12 for 5 more days of driving.

summers_enemy said:
I would if I could. But the pumps don't work until you pay here :( Saying that, I just returned from work and a trip to the gas station. Goodbye $30.12 for 5 more days of driving.

Am I reading this correctly? You only pay $30 for 5 days worth of driving? HA! That's chump change.

Wow....must be nice having a car.

In News just at hand...

Some of you may remember a thread a while back where you posted the names of all the forums you browsed, well as It turns out I tend to browse a lot of Aussie car forums (Capt. Obvious) and I was just talking to a guy who Wholesales Performance Parts for Japanese cars (Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Toyota Supra...). Anyways, he came across my photobucket account, got in touch via MSN and asked me to photograph all his customer cars! :D

That's only tip of the iceberg...I mentioned that I'd completed my studies in Retail operations and he asked me to sell performance parts via the car forums I browse! I accepted and now i'm waiting on my first package of parts to arrive. :) He sells them to me at Wholesale price, I add my percentage and everyone is happy with the products. :D

Sweet!

I could never make cars look that good.

PlasticSpanner said:
Hmmm

I might have the maths wrong here but our petrol costs around 88p/litre. That's about £4.14/Gallon ($7.48 )

Please tell me I worked it out wrong!!!

Plastic, The maths right, I think we pay a lot less gas taxes. I believe the US federal gas tax is about 20-cent per gallon, plus state cents and local taxes. Florida is 8-cent per gallon. Not sure what my local gas tax is. I likely pay less that 40-cents tax per gallon. Don’t you pay something like 40% to 50% gas taxes[font=&quot] [/font]

Most reactions

Back