The Genius Of Photography

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/photography/genius/

For the british people on the board really although maybe americans can get this I'm not sure. This a is an interesting program on BBC Four about photography and it's different aspects. It looks at certain iconic photographs and discusses their significance as well as other things.

It is already half way through the series, I'm sure it will be repeated at sometime though. Each episode is repeteated later thant week.

Program Description from website -

More about the series

In the course of our 170 year relationship, photography has delighted us, served us, moved us, outraged us and occasionally disappointed us. But mainly, it has intrigued us by showing the secret strangeness that lies beneath the world of appearances. And that is photography's true genius.
Follow the story of photography in BBC Four's six-part series 'The Genius of Photography'. See some of the most famous photographs ever taken and find out more about what made them so very special.

Episode 4

Paper Movies follows the progression of 'photographic journeys' and use of colour.
Thursday 15th November 9pm BBC Four
Repeat: Monday 19th November 8pm BBC Fou

This serise has been great so far, there have been some kinda half hour spinoffs aired afterwards about famous photogs, the other week it was Lartigue.
We dont get much photo TV....wait...we dont get any photo TV.
The Genius of Photography won't be shown anywhere else but the UK BBC4 for a long while yet, there are a few snippits on YouTube tho.
There's a serise running in the US at the moment on VH1 or something called The Shot, something like X factor....with a camera
Sounds....entertaining.

Infact, I've often thought, there must be more peeps interested in photo shows than the the number of programs made for it suggests, hell, no damn shortage of fishing shows, how can there be more fishing nutters than photo idjuts..
I've no clue

Most reactions

New Topics

Back